You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dym stratergy

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hey all

Just read the dym startergy and wondered if anyone thinks it is sound fpr building a bankroll.
Part of me thinks cash but then also 60p dym could work also.

My starting roll is £10.  Those who know me know I have basic poker knowledge around hand ranking and position.
I now want to try turn this into more than a hobby but fot that I need a bankroll.

Cheers for any help guys

Gaz.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    It's hard with £10, whatever you choose you'll need to run well at the start.

The rake on 60p DYMs make them VERY hard to beat so I'd advise against them. If you play 4NL, don't runbad and play very tight then you might make it.

Otherwise best way to start imo is £1 HU SnGs
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks lambert.

Just trying to work out a way to increase bankroll while protecting what I have. 

Gaz
  • edited February 2013
    hi gaz,
    as lambert says,it's going 2b hard building from just £10 but it can be done.
    i would play £1 dym's not 60p.
    yes u would only have enough for only 8 buy-ins (£9.20)
    if u can win 5 of those 8 games that gives u a profit of 80p
    you are guaranteed to play 8 games and u will get good value from your £10.
    cash is never going to be your best strategy as it is one of the the hardest disciplines to beat,imo.

last year from a starting £40 b/roll i turned it into over £1500 playing just dym's.
    so it definitely can be done.
    best of luck
    :)
    dev

ps;if u r interested in playing dym's have u read john connors blog 'the abc of dym's'
         that was what got me interested in dym's and is a great read,with lots of good advice.
    if u go to the poker chat section and ask if anyone can help you find it,i'm sure someone will be able to give you a link to get u there,sorry i don't have it.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: dym stratergy:
    hi gaz, as lambert says,it's going 2b hard building from just £10 but it can be done. i would play £1 dym's not 60p. yes u would only have enough for only 8 buy-ins (£9.20) if u can win 5 of those 8 games that gives u a profit of 80p you are guaranteed to play 8 games and u will get good value from your £10. cash is never going to be your best strategy as it is one of the the hardest disciplines to beat,imo. last year from a starting £40 b/roll i turned it into over £1500 playing just dym's. so it definitely can be done. best of luck :) dev ps;if u r interested in playing dym's have u read john connors blog 'the abc of dym's'      that was what got me interested in dym's and is a great read,with lots of good advice. if u go to the poker chat section and ask if anyone can help you find it,i'm sure someone will be able to give you a link to get u there,sorry i don't have it.
    Posted by devonfish5
    hey dev

cheers for that. have read a blog on dym strategy on sky poker but dunno if same one. will check it out.
    I agree about shift up to the £1. will check out that blog and  get cracking ;)

cheers again all.

gaz
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: dym stratergy:
    hi gaz, as lambert says,it's going 2b hard building from just £10 but it can be done. i would play £1 dym's not 60p. yes u would only have enough for only 8 buy-ins (£9.20) if u can win 5 of those 8 games that gives u a profit of 80p you are guaranteed to play 8 games and u will get good value from your £10. cash is never going to be your best strategy as it is one of the the hardest disciplines to beat,imo. last year from a starting £40 b/roll i turned it into over £1500 playing just dym's. so it definitely can be done. best of luck :) dev ps;if u r interested in playing dym's have u read john connors blog 'the abc of dym's'      that was what got me interested in dym's and is a great read,with lots of good advice. if u go to the poker chat section and ask if anyone can help you find it,i'm sure someone will be able to give you a link to get u there,sorry i don't have it.
    Posted by devonfish5
    how long did it take you to build it up to that
  • edited February 2013
    hi reeler,
    jan & feb 2012 won £200 playing dym then early march played cash on another site just for a change,
    deposited £20=$30 got an $18 joining bonus,got that up to $270 so up about $220= about£150
    then may 1st (after withdrawing £400, most of my sky poker money,to buy a new pc,)i was left with £40 and decided to do a dym challenge and turned that £40 into £1040...finished that on sept 20th.
    so that's up £1,200 from dym's, then just chilled for the rest of the year really won another £300-£400 or so.

as a matter of fact/interest...during my challenge,one night i won 17 games in a row,only to lose the very last game of that session...giving a 17/18 win.  lol)

i'm now on a bit of a break,playing a little cash on another site...enjoying the rest tbh.
    when i finally get the bug back again,i'll probably return and grind out some more money playing the £3 level dym's,as i have found that to be my most profitable level,so far.

i have just withdrawn £1,000 from my sky poker account leaving me £295 left to play with.
    think i am going to treat myself to a new 55" 3D tv...cost £995 as a little prezzie for all my hard work last year.  lol

do you play/intend to play DYM yourself?

good luck anyway
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited August 2013
    If I were you GMD,

I would try your hardest to find even £25... make a deposit - get the welcome bonus, or ask for a welcome back bonus if you have already deposited before (dont know if Sky does such a thing but worth a try).

From here grind, grind and grind the low stakes DYM. There is not a better format out there for building a bankroll in my opinion, and the standard at 60p and £1 is poor.

Watch the better players on the higher stakes players and learn. Johnconnor is a good example.

Good luck x