You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Allegations of people working together

edited December 2009 in Area 51
Hi

Final table of a mtt (only top 3 paid) and the player knocked out in 5th came back about 5 minutes later and posted
"watch out ****** these guys are working together" just as this player was knocked out in 4th, he then repeated the statement.

I'm not bothered by this but have noticed this is becoming the new fad.

Rather than it being rigged, people can see the cards, the software is faulty, its "your all round a table with your laptops working in collusion with each other"

Were have to open up a new isolation ward here to stop this spreading and becoming a epidemic

Comments

• edited December 2009

Oh dear, be prepared for random cases of MSN MEASLES, FACEBOOK FUNGUL INFECTION, SKYPE SCURVY and numerous cases of VIDEO CONFERENCE RSI, all highly contageious and sure to bring on huge bouts of conspiracyitous worthy of transfer to Area51 Isolation wards
  • edited December 2009
    no fears achill the Lhsc have located their warehouse ,

we have raided them ,

secured the area,

and interrogating in place at present .
  • edited December 2009
    Some ppl think that 2 big stacks staying out of each others way while there are still a couple of med and short stacks is collusion.  It is just common sense
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Allegations of people working together:
    Hi Final table of a mtt (only top 3 paid) and the player knocked out in 5th came back about 5 minutes later and posted "watch out ****** these guys are working together" just as this player was knocked out in 4th, he then repeated the statement.   I'm not bothered by this but have noticed this is becoming the new fad. Rather than it being rigged, people can see the cards, the software is faulty, its "your all round a table with your laptops working in collusion with each other" Were have to open up a new isolation ward here to stop this spreading and becoming a epidemic  
    Posted by achill

How did he know it wasnt just a rainman character with three accounts, three laptops and three mobile dongle things all in a dark room somewhere, surrounded by pizza boxes and plastic bottles of old wee?

I think the real conspiracy here is how did he know? ;-0
  • edited December 2009
    it is possible for one player to be 3,4 0r 5 people on one table, if u have 3,4 or5 computers, 1 screen, 1 mouse, a few differant accounts and hide my IP address and there isnt a thing a poker site can do to stop you. this is my bigest fear of online poker, sitting at a cash table and i can see 5 other players but i am only playing one person.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Allegations of people working together:
    it is possible for one player to be 3,4 0r 5 people on one table, if u have 3,4 or5 computers, 1 screen, 1 mouse, a few differant accounts and hide my IP address and there isnt a thing a poker site can do to stop you. this is my bigest fear of online poker, sitting at a cash table and i can see 5 other players but i am only playing one person.
    Posted by freechips1
    I agree its a horrible thing to think about, the only bit of consolement is that you would expect this to be happening on a larger site at higher sakes...

as for the OP, on monday night me and my best m8 who lives near me both played the £1000 velocity.. There were around 200 runners and we got to HU. Complete coinsidence as we 1st met on the FT and the blinds completely dictate the play ther..

its all just coinsidence.
  • edited December 2009
    I would like to think Sky have anti-collusion measures in place. I'm sure it will soon be picked up if the same usernames keep playing at the same tables, in which case hopefully the software can look at hand histories for suspicious actions between those players.

Also, rainman (sat surrounded by his bottles of pee lol) would have to fund all his accounts, records of cards/bank accounts used would surely match up and confirm collusion.

Since joining Sky I have had so much fun my partner has also decided join-up (we both started playing on Facebook poker). Occasionally we are both playing at the same time, but we have a golden rule of never playing in the same tourney, even a big MTT, I'm sure Sky would notice straight away and kick us both off (quite rightly). Anyhow, she likes playing lower stakes than me, so everything's cool.
  • edited December 2009
    I would like to think Sky have anti-collusion measures in place. I'm sure it will soon be picked up if the same usernames keep playing at the same tables, in which case hopefully the software can look at hand histories for suspicious actions between those players. Also, rainman (sat surrounded by his bottles of pee lol) would have to fund all his accounts, records of cards/bank accounts used would surely match up and confirm collusion. Since joining Sky I have had so much fun my partner has also decided join-up (we both started playing on Facebook poker). Occasionally we are both playing at the same time, but we have a golden rule of never playing in the same tourney, even a big MTT, I'm sure Sky would notice straight away and kick us both off (quite rightly). Anyhow, she likes playing lower stakes than me, so everything's cool.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I know of a couple of 'partners' on here and i see no reason why they cant(and they do) play in the same mtts, however i do feel that stt or same table cash games would be wrong, its ok 'live' as other players can see whats going on, but on - line you only have their word that they are playing 'above board'
  • edited December 2009
    I would like to think Sky have anti-collusion measures in place. I'm sure it will soon be picked up if the same usernames keep playing at the same tables, in which case hopefully the software can look at hand histories for suspicious actions between those players. Also, rainman (sat surrounded by his bottles of pee lol) would have to fund all his accounts, records of cards/bank accounts used would surely match up and confirm collusion. Since joining Sky I have had so much fun my partner has also decided join-up (we both started playing on Facebook poker). Occasionally we are both playing at the same time, but we have a golden rule of never playing in the same tourney, even a big MTT, I'm sure Sky would notice straight away and kick us both off (quite rightly). Anyhow, she likes playing lower stakes than me, so everything's cool.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Lol glad you appreciated the bottles of wee ;-)

Saddly even "very good drivers" can get any number of email addresses and prepaid credit cards for a tenner each that are not connected to bank accounts and are given out to anyone who appliesand pays the fee - they can load the cards up and deposit money quite freely to different accounts... Sad innit!

• edited December 2009
    this happens on every site i play on, and i would be amazed if it can stop immediately