You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Missing chips

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

The 7.15 deep stack, something wrong with the software, some of my chips are missing,it's not my fault!!!!!!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Missing chips:
    The 7.15 deep stack, something wrong with the software, some of my chips are missing,it's not my fault!!!!!!
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    How are u supposed to play when there;s something with the SOFTWARE
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing chips:
    In Response to Missing chips : How are u supposed to play when there;s something with the SOFTWARE
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    Further to that, I will not play on this site again!, until I get info from Sky poker, if not,I will take this further!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Missing chips:
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    thats a bit random. tell us more.

i can see your in 2 diff deepstacks and are sat out on both blinding away. is this what you are referring to?
  • edited February 2013
     Response to Re: Missing chips:
    In Response to Missing chips : thats a bit random. tell us more. i can see your in 2 diff deepstacks and are sat out on both blinding away. is this what you are referring to?
    Posted by TINTIN
    What it is ... in the 7.15 D/S, I never played a hand ( as usual ) until after the 7.55 break, when I came to play I noticed that about 200 chips were missing???, normally after the break ( it's very rare that I ever play before then, I think i'm well known for that lol ) there are usually at least 200 chips more than last night. On a table of six I was the only one to be chips short, now if the other five had also lost chips then that's fine, just a glitch?, but that was not the case. If SKY cannot/will not? explain how that happened, I cannot play on this site again, It's not the chips or the money, honestly, but IF? somehow,as described above, that can happen then it's scary

Kind regards 'the hat'
  • edited February 2013
    So you expect to sit out for X amount of minutes and the same amount of chips to be gone every single time you do it?

Sometimes people play quick/hands play out quick and you get 100 hands per hour, sometimes you only get 80 hands per hour. However many you get affects how many blinds you pay.
  • edited February 2013
    I could do with some salt and vinegar on mine
  • edited February 2013

This thread has so much potential..

56p ? snowball? fiasco?

• edited February 2013

I'm sorry ALIVEHAT60 but this thread is not reasonable. If you sit out you will lose your blinds and that will happen at different rates on different evenings, if you make a habit of it. As Lambert says, some players act more quickly than others and you may have been seated five-handed for a period or perhaps moved into the blinds numerous times.

If you sit out, you will lose chips. Investigate your hand history if you wish to know for sure, though it will be tricky to do so if you were multi-tabling.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing chips

Sorry, obviously I haven't made it clear?, I'll try again, I sit out until the 7.55 break so I know roughly how many chips there should be because, I have done this hundreds of times.

If you sit out ( try it ) not playing a hand until the first break in the 2.20 D/S, you will find that you will have between 4,650 to 4,800 chips depending on how fast or slow the table is, the reason I do this is because the first 4 levels can sometimes be a bit of a lottery and you will find that even the good players ( I'm not one, lol ) with good hands will be knocked out by bad calls. To my way of thinking 4,500 chips or so is as good as 5,000 without the risky bad calls that I find are frequent in the earlier levels

The point I'm trying to make is that there is no way you will have less than 4,600 chips after the first break on a normal table which this was ( I say again try it ). The 5 other players on that table a couple of regulars amongst them can verify that I never played a hand. It has never happened before that the amount (in this case) has been 4,400, now it really isn't about the chips or the money, it isn't even about the principle, it's about ' TRUST ', If chips can go missing ( hopefully it's only happened to me ) which I know have, it's also about manipulation, however it happened it did.

I will withdraw funds and close the account after this post, It may not seem a big deal a few hundred chips and in itself it's not, it's the FACT that for this to happen something is not Kosher

I will not leave the site bitter because I really don't how it happened?, but I no longer feel it's a level playing field, well not for me anyway. Anyway the best of luck to all the good people I've played with.

Kindest regards  ' the hat '

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing chips:
    In Response to Re: Missing chips Sorry, obviously I haven't made it clear?, I'll try again, I sit out until the 7.55 break so I know roughly how many chips there should be because, I have done this hundreds of times. If you sit out ( try it ) not playing a hand until the first break in the 2.20 D/S, you will find that you will have between 4,650 to 4,800 chips depending on how fast or slow the table is, the reason I do this is because the first 4 levels can sometimes be a bit of a lottery and you will find that even the good players ( I'm not one, lol ) with good hands will be knocked out by bad calls. To my way of thinking 4,500 chips or so is as good as 5,000 without the risky bad calls that I find are frequent in the earlier levels The point I'm trying to make is that there is no way you will have less than 4,600 chips after the first break on a normal table which this was ( I say again try it ). The 5 other players on that table a couple of regulars amongst them can verify that I never played a hand. It has never happened before that the amount (in this case) has been 4,400, now it really isn't about the chips or the money, it isn't even about the principle, it's about ' TRUST ', If chips can go missing ( hopefully it's only happened to me ) which I know have, it's also about manipulation, however it happened it did. I will withdraw funds and close the account after this post, It may not seem a big deal a few hundred chips and in itself it's not, it's the FACT that for this to happen something is not Kosher I will not leave the site bitter because I really don't how it happened?, but I no longer feel it's a level playing field, well not for me anyway. Anyway the best of luck to all the good people I've played with. Kindest regards  ' the hat '
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60

Hi 'hat'

The high lighted bit is very important. As you are not sure how this happened, why dont you stop and find out the answer before chucking your dummy out the pram and storming off?
    I have played on the tables with you in these deepstacks and I will be totally honest with you here, I really do not think anything is amiss here. 
    What would be the point of removing this amount of chips?
    If there was 5 away players to begin with, I would be speed raising every pot to gain chips. like others have said, you could of moved tables several times and been unlucky with the seating position.
    I honestly thought this was a level when I first read this thread, but it is obvious you do feel strongly about it.
    I am sure you could request the HH from the full tournament from customer care or email one of the Sky team to check it for you.
    I am sure just posting this up here in the forum would not of resolved the issue for you.

I hope you take a step back and really think about the situation.

Regards,

Alan
  • edited February 2013
    If you check your hand history and it says you started the tournament with fewer chips than the other players, then you will have something to show to customer care. So check your hand history and you'll have an explanation for what happened.
  • edited February 2013
    Reeks of paranoia,ATINFOILHAT60 name change may help...
  • edited February 2013
    Here's a thought. lets say for example that this week you were sat at a table that had to play 5 handed instead of the usual 6 handed for some or all of the 1st hour, and that play on the table was very quick compared to usual.  This would result in substantially more orbits being played and therefore more chips being lost through the blinds.

As Lambert180 suggested earlier, this is VERY easy to check, just go through your hand histories and total up how much you put in through the blinds, I guarantee you that the software (or anything else) has not been cheating you!

Here's another thought..... LATE REGISTRATION, if you don't want to play the 1st hour (which I can understand), why not just late reg and save yourself putting in blinds every orbit whilst you're sat out?
  • edited February 2013

We checked this tournament and the number of chips at the start was the same as at the end. None went 'missing' - if you want to check the detail, you will be able to see in the hand history.

Thanks
    Sky Poker