You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good? bad?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Hi Guys

Just after some feedback on this hand

I know the  limp won't go down well but only just started really so was just seeing what happened as regards to the other players hands.

Then TINTIN x4 with with is range so i put him on jj or ak due to kk / aa raises from him usually come in at 24p/28p,,, so anyway i had to see a flop rigtly or wrongly.

Dream flop for me so i check to indeuce a raise wit i know is coming. I min raise his raise hoping for a push with duely comes.

I'm made up to see KK at this stage,,, then the river!!!

Like i said, just thoughts i'm after to see if i could have done anything different.

Thanks

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGADGETBOY1Small blind £0.02£0.02£1.481281Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.21 Your hole cards87   TINTINRaise £0.20£0.26£4.09palavo_okoFold    LB438Fold    kevcoke69Fold    GADGETBOY1Fold    1281Call £0.16£0.42£3.05Flop  987   1281Check    TINTINBet £0.32£0.74£3.771281Raise £0.64£1.38£2.41TINTINCall £0.32£1.70£3.45Turn  3   1281Bet £1.70£3.40£0.71TINTINRaise £3.40£6.80£0.051281All-in £0.71£7.51£0.00TINTINUnmatched bet £0.99£6.52£1.041281Show87   TINTINShowKK   River  K   TINTINWinThree Kings£6.03 £7.07

Comments

• edited February 2013
    These type of hands will play better when we are in position so i think its a fold pre against a 5x raise.

As played however i much prefer leading out on the flop as its pretty wet and we can rep a lot of draws and stuff by leading and we could get the money in on the flop if we get raised.
  • edited February 2013

Hi buddy, I would have folded pre with his raise you know he has a monster. Tintin is always 6 plus tabelling, he's very specific in the hands he plays.

Normally any agression (when he has a hand) he will try and get it all in as soon as.

When he raises, on the flop he is never laying his hand down. I would just have shoved the flop knowing we were ahead.

Just unlucky you were rivered.

• edited February 2013

Or stuck in a sizeable re-raise to induce the shove.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Good? bad?:
    Or stuck in a sizeable re-raise to induce the shove.
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks Larson

know all about Tintin's play and fell in love with the suited connectors so wanted to see a flop

yeah you're true based on is play, should have pushed on the flop,,, eitherway i was getting called
  • edited February 2013
    i got lucky on the river. i hold my hands up.

even if it wasnt against me i would say its best to fold pre. suited connectors best in position in multiway pot not oop to a single raiser. you hit too many sideways flops.
  • edited February 2013
    I probably fold pre but it's not the worst call in the world against someone that yuo know will have JJ+ and AK, although it is better to be in position.

On the flop I probably raise more cos he'll still call 80-90p with JJ+.

Get it in on the turn as a massive favourite, great stuff :)

Unlucky on the river.
  • edited February 2013
    i don`t mind the call pre because you know where you will be in the hand vs tintin his range utg is going 2 be big pairs prob 99+ and broadways cards

but yeah you played it fine maybe raise bigger rather than min raise on the flop but yeah vul on river the main thing is here you got the money in when you were ahead.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Good? bad?:
    i got lucky on the river. i hold my hands up. even if it wasnt against me i would say its best to fold pre. suited connectors best in position in multiway pot not oop to a single raiser. you hit too many sideways flops.
    Posted by TINTIN
    one day i'll crush one of your pre flop raises!!!

all good