You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER CLINIC THURSDAY 21ST FEB

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV during the Poker Clinic at 8pm on Thursday, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Aces again!!

Hand no 7563847 from Sun Semi Final.

I was in 6th place (I think) out of 18 - 12 to qualify.

agjk was playing a bit aggro previously.

Should I have raised more pre flop. I normally would go 975ish at this stage but did not want to scare customers.

Once called should I have considered folding when Q then K showing, especially in view of position in tourney and amount of places available.

Oxbowler

Ken Iredale 
  • edited February 2013

top pair top kicker with villian calling the flop and turn but shoving the river
    623841112 early stages of the monday 10K BH
    this hand was the 7th hand of the tournament
    should my aggression have been larger on the flop and turn and did i make the right decision folding the river or is he bluffing.

• edited February 2013
    King high flush against super agresive player   624017849
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: POKER CLINIC THURSDAY 21ST FEB:
    King high flush against super agresive player   624017849
    Posted by sammy777
    Hi Sammy, thanks for the request!

Where is the hand from?

Cheers
  • edited February 2013
    Aces again!! Hand no 7563847 from Sun Semi Final. I was in 6th place (I think) out of 18 - 12 to qualify. agjk was playing a bit aggro previously. Should I have raised more pre flop. I normally would go 975ish at this stage but did not want to scare customers. Once called should I have considered folding when Q then K showing, especially in view of position in tourney and amount of places available. Oxbowler Ken Iredale 
    Posted by OXBOWLER
    Hi Ken,

I presume this is from the SPT Semi Final on Sunday?
  • edited February 2013
    Hi can u show this hand pls

#623534688  its a master cash table  4       17th

I raise pre flop,and then face a 3bet,which i call,as i know im behind,but i think suited connectors play well against big pairs,when i call ive made up my mind to play this hand strong if i see a decent flop,otherwise i fold.
    When the flop comes,im going all the way.i chck the flop knowing the opponent will bet as his hand is so strong,according to the pre flop action,so i min raise,to get value into my hand  if i hit,and to keep my customer.
    so whe the turn comes it gives me an extra 4 outs,now i shove on the turn,1 to try and take the hand there and then,2 as ive nearly got half my stack in,i want max value if i hit
    the player calls ,i hit my flush hand over.
    i got some moaning about this hand,but once i make the call pre,should i have played it any otherway.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: POKER CLINIC THURSDAY 21ST FEB : Hi Ken, I presume this is from the SPT Semi Final on Sunday?
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Yes.

Should say could use as guess the hole cards!!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Louis

Here is a hand I murdered earlier... If you show it, please show it with the hole cards covered. 

623539911 (21:14 17/02/2013) 30k Roller Semi

Maxally and I have been clashing a lot very early in this mtt and we know each other's games a bit as we are both in Team Knight Poker. Basically I was fed up with him constantly raising my bb (he probably had hands every time) but something told me he was being more agressive than usual and was taking the mick a bit. So I choose to 3 bet with 109os, hoping to take it down pre, or if not, connect with a flop in some way and take it down by barreling.  Probably not the optimal strategy but I wanted to send a message. 

When he flats pre and check calls the flop c bet, I immediatley put him on  a strong hand, like quad Aces, KK QQ JJ (none of which he is folding) He might fold 1010...  and i decide to give up. That was the worst board to continue a play and we probably werent deep enough anyway pre for fancy play in a sat lol. Anyway.. If he owned me fair play... but i wont be happy lol. Also Carlo is bound to rip me apart!!! again!!! Oh well 

Assume he had the Quads ha. Basically, i am saying that although i hit a "9" it felt completely irrelevant. 

:)

• edited February 2013
    Can you show this hand please from Mastercash 4

Hand History #623555068 (21:37 17/02/2013)

What is the plan on the river? I've flatted the flop to keep all his bluffs in and to let him fire again on the turn. Now I've got to the river and thought urgh dunno what to do now because it's a horrible card. Obviously Jx just got there but his range is WAY wider than just Jx hands.

Do we hope the villian fires another barrel so go for the check/call? Or donk-bet for thin value from hands that will check the river back like 55-TT? Do we ever consider c/f?

• edited February 2013
    Thanks for all the requests guys!

Just a heads up that Julian Thew will be a guest on Thursday, so if anyone else has a hand request make sure to post it early. I'll put the hands in on a first come first served basis!

Cheers,

Louis