You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

let me get it off my chest

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
I play poker so I accept bad beats yet tonight in a satelite with 3 people to go out before everyone gets through i get AA  in bb utg calls blinds are 300 600 i have 5k he has 6k i raise all in hoping that I collect the blinds and his extra 600. he calls with A2 flop kk6 yes you guessed it river 2 turn 2. What annoyed me was why call ? even if I was trying to steal. Thank you for letting me get it off my chest I feel better now

Comments

• edited December 2009
    shocking call!!!! i will never understand why players would call in that situation with that hand!!
  • edited December 2009
    hi citron

this wont help you feel better right now, but i'm sure that you know that your play is a winning one over time, you just got unlucky on this ocassion.

Having said that, I would question your plan to just take down the blinds and the 600 bet.  I'd be raising looking to get more chips with such a big hand, although i appreciate you were close to the bubble for qualifying.  I take it in normal play you wouldn't look to collect just the blinds with a-a.

Ray
  • edited December 2009

you can calculate odds do all the right moves, but there is one thing you cant calculate - other people being stupid. In saying that ive done some (if fact no - loads of stupid moves in my time) it doesnt get easier to accept but you have to just take it - next time dont go all in lol

• edited December 2009
    thats one of the worst beats i have seen, what chance did he have of winning about 1% after flop?
  • edited December 2009
    i feel for u i really do ive had some massive bad beats over last 72 hours ive got a thread going as well just have to grin and bear it for now and hope one day u get their luck
  • edited December 2009
    sounds to me like he was gambling on you not having an ACE and him hitting one,as he had no kicker.VVUL m8 all the best .dav
  • edited December 2009
    If you hadn't raised, you would have had to bet the flop and he could have shot over the top of you.

If you had raised half your stack preflop and he called, you would have gone all in on nealry any flop and it could have been scary, or he could have called anyway with A high.

If you had raised preflop, he could have pushed all in and you would have called.

In all cases you were never going to roll over; so by pushing all in you would normally get most players off most hands in that situation and even if you dont you are MASSIVE. 

As you didnt need more than the blinds and his 600 chips you played it to minimise risk - Short of typing in ACE ACE I WILL SHOW in the chat box there is nothing else you can do!  You can never legislate for desperate calls and desperate luck. There's always next time!

• edited December 2009
    don't think you're allowed to type aa, in the chat box, unless you are lying--lol
  • edited December 2009
    yes but hes telling the truth, does that help?
  • edited December 2009

was a very bad call but u will have to get used to it on here  gl m8

• edited December 2009
    this is a sore beat but one i believe you and bounce back from. Those raggy aces i just dont see the point in them unless you expect the flop to fall 3,4,5 and you hit the striaght,. Other than that its a pointless exersize unless they do the pushing.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: let me get it off my chest:
    don't think you're allowed to type aa, in the chat box, unless you are lying--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol