You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cash Game on Channel 861

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

The Sky Poker Cash Game, which began airing on Sky Sports 2 weeks ago, makes its debut on Channel 861 this evening, when Episode 1 will be shown.

The Shows are slightly longer on Channel 861 (55 minutes rather than 45 minutes), so are not quite the same as those already seen on Sky Sports.

Commentary is by James Hartigan & Joe Stapleton.

The Channel 861 transmission times for Episode 1 are as follows....

9pm Monday February 18th. (This evening). 

Repeated..... 

Tuesday 19th February, Midnight, straight after the Live Show. 

Wednesday 20th February, 9am. 

Thursday 21st February, 2pm.

Friday 22nd February, 7pm

Saturday 23rd February, 10pm

Sunday 24th February, 6pm, immediately preceding the Super Roller Live Show.

Episode 2 will air NEXT Monday, & will follow a similar pattern, but I'll try & remind you nearer the time.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    looking forward to watching this tonight.

I don`t know if its already been asked so sorry in advance if it has lol but is their any sky poker presenters or analysts playin the games?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cash Game on Channel 861:
    [QUOTE]looking forward to watching this tonight. I don`t know if its already been asked so sorry in advance if it has lol but is their any sky poker presenters or analysts playin the games?
    Posted by liamboi11

Hi Liam,

Yes. Ryan, Redmond & Carlo all spend varying amounts of time at the table during the 6 Episodes.
  • edited February 2013
    Great stuff, been looking forward to this despite hearing not the greatest of reviews so far.
  • edited February 2013
    That Rob Young is awful. What an embarrassment to poker he is.

Watched the 1st 2 shows but wont be watching again.  Bunch of mickey mouse players tbh..

awful advert for skypoker,  but then again this is the standard you come to expect playing this site
  • edited February 2013

Rob Young calls a 3/4 pot bet on the flop with NO PAIR NO DRAW (Q.3) calls pot size bet on the turn with still NO PAIR NO DRAW (Q.3) rivers a 3 outer making top piar Q's with 3 kicker and gets talked about like he is some poker hero. 

Any other joe bloggs did that they would be ridiculed for playing like such an AMATUER

• edited February 2013
    Can't wait,,,, what's the full lineup this time?
  • edited February 2013
    PLEASE let me get in a game with Rob Young.

Embarrassment of a player

I know sky poker is the weakest standard anywhere online but this cash game line up takes the biscuit.  Bunch of bingo players
  • edited February 2013
    are we sure this is episode 1 on 861 just now.

the intro didnt suggest that, and james said lets get back to the action before a hand was shown. plus people had won and lost money on graphic at start.

i aint seen it on sky sports so forgive me if im a little confused
  • edited February 2013
    are we sure this is episode 1 on 861 just now. the intro didnt suggest that, and james said lets get back to the action before a hand was shown. plus people had won and lost money on graphic at start. i aint seen it on sky sports so forgive me if im a little confused
    Posted by TINTIN
    To the best of my knowledge, yes, it is Episode 1, but mistakes have been known......

Bear in mind that around 20 hours of real play had to be condensed into about 5.5 hours of footage, so a lot of hands did not make the Edit.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.
  • edited February 2013
    how dissapointing!

you are correct. i missed ep1 but saw ep2. was expecting to see ep 1 tonight but realised after 5 minusted id seen it before already.

How hard can it be?

are we sure this is episode 1 on 861 just now. the intro didnt suggest that, and james said lets get back to the action before a hand was shown. plus people had won and lost money on graphic at start. i aint seen it on sky sports so forgive me if im a little confused
    Posted by TINTIN
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cash Game on Channel 861 : To the best of my knowledge, yes, it is Episode 1, but mistakes have been known...... Bear in mind that around 20 hours of real play had to be condensed into about 5.5 hours of footage, so a lot of hands did not make the Edit. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    the episode im watching rastafish lasted about 5 mins and now ryan is sat at the table.

does that happen in episode 1?

i understand it would be condensed it just doesnt have the feel of episode 1
  • edited February 2013
    I can confirm that Episode 2 is currently airing on 861.

Not sure what happened...

• edited February 2013
    Couldnt arrange a pi-55 up in a brewery
  • edited February 2013

Whoops.

These things happen, but sincere apologies.
  • edited February 2013
    How cringeworthy is this?

Spittles 4 bets with JJ,  tightest player at the table by a mile and couldnt even spell bluff let alone make a bluff yet Rob Mong deicdes to 5bet all in with 49 and flops a flush

makes you sick when these muppets constantly play like total spewtards yet hit everything

no wonder this site has the worst standard of online player anywhere online

5bets all in with 49 against the tightest player at the table.

calls 4bets with a8 off suit,  gets shown KK and still calls with 58
  • edited February 2013
    night after night after night Tikay telling players they shouldnt being doing this shouldnt be doing that yet Rob Mong does it and Tikay thinks he is amazing
  • edited February 2013
    Invite me to Rob Mongs home game anytime.
  • edited February 2013
    I can confirm that Episode 2 is currently airing on 861. Not sure what happened...
    Posted by J-Hartigan

Must be Orfords fault ;)
  • edited February 2013
    I can confirm that Episode 2 is currently airing on 861. Not sure what happened...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Maxally been at the controls again? ;)
  • edited February 2013

So, the Post-Mortem took place this morning.......

The Tapes were correctly labelled, but somehow, ingest must have loaded the wrong Episode.

How do these things happen?, as the chap said in Garrison Keiller's wonderful "Lake Wobegon Days", after he & his nagging wife stopped at a service station for apple pie & coffee, & the hubbie drove off & somehow left her behind? She was not best pleased.....

Official responsibility is being laid at the doors of Orford & MAXALLY. Seems reasonable.

Anyway, it has been sorted out now, & our apologies for the mix-up.

• edited February 2013

For the rest of this week's Repeats Shows of the Sky Poker Cash Game, Episode ONE - the real Episode One - will be aired. Probably.

So, if you wish to see Episode ONE, the scheduling for this week is.....

Immediately AFTER tonight's Live Show, at Midnight.  

Wednesday 20th February (tomorrow), 9am. 

Thursday 21st February, 2pm.

Friday 22nd February, 7pm

Saturday 23rd February, 10pm

Sunday 24th February, 6pm, immediately preceding the Super Roller Live Show.

• edited February 2013

Episode 2 will commence going to air NEXT Monday, & will follow a similar pattern (except for the mix-up....), but I'll try & remind you nearer the time.

Some of you, of course, have already seen what happens in Episode Two. For those that have not, the twins fall in love, & run away to get married, & live happily ever after, until they discover they married the wrong twin. Gets a bit messy then.  
  • edited February 2013
    Episode 2 will commence going to air NEXT Monday, & will follow a similar pattern (except for the mix-up....), but I'll try & remind you nearer the time. Some of you, of course, have already seen what happens in Episode Two. For those that have not, the twins fall in love, & run away to get married, & live happily ever after, until they discover they married the wrong twin. Gets a bit messy then.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    does this mean they never all lived happily ever after then :(