You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst bad beat i've had yet!

Just had the worst bad beat since i started playing, it was that bad that afterwards i just laughed about it for ages haha.

It wasn't on sky poker though, it was live in the pub league tonight, i will try and explain the hand as clearly as possible since obviously I can't copy and paste the hand history lol.

Blinds were 300,600 and I was in the big blind with AJo, utg+1 i think limps in for 600, folds round to me, i raise it to 2600, and he shoves all in, i can't remember how much it was but i was priced in to call, which i did reluctantly since i thought its a coin flip at best, but he turned over J10 suited. I flop the nuts, 10,Q,K and then the turn is a 10, and guess what the river was? Another 10 that gave him quads :(

Left me with just 200 chips, i went out the next hand to the very same guy lucky sod that he is hahaha :P

I can take bad beats and that, i know its part of poker so I laugh about them and move on really quickly but I felt I just had to post about this particular one since it's the worst one i've witnessed so far haha.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I suppose you had to be there ??????? 

zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited February 2013
    What do you mean Dave?

I just checked what % chance he had to win the hand outright after the flop, he's about a 42/1 underdog, that qualifies for a bad beat doesn't it? haha.
  • edited February 2013
    It does qualify as a bad beat but when you've played the game loads people just get bored of hearing them tbh. No offence to you, just most people have seen it happen loads so it loses it's shock factor.

FWIW the worst bad beat possible is if you get it in on the flop and they have to hit 2 exact cards back to back to win so that's like 2in45 X 1in44 so the worst bad beat ever is 1in990. Someone correct me if I got this wrong.

I did this getting it in with top set against a smaller PP and the only way for them to win was runner runner quads... obv it came lol.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Worst bad beat i've had yet!:
    It does qualify as a bad beat but when you've played the game loads people just get bored of hearing them tbh. No offence to you, just most people have seen it happen loads so it loses it's shock factor. FWIW the worst bad beat possible is if you get it in on the flop and they have to hit 2 exact cards back to back to win so that's like 2in45 X 1in44 so the worst bad beat ever is 1in990. Someone correct me if I got this wrong. I did this getting it in with top set against a smaller PP and the only way for them to win was runner runner quads... obv it came lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Fair enough, I never tire of hearing about bad beats (especially lololols ones, where half of them aren't bad beats just lost coin flips haha they give me a laugh anyway :P)

And ouch, top set against runner runner quads must have hurt lol.
  • edited February 2013
    Genuine bad beats like this are interesting to here, especially if, like the OP, you can laugh them off.
  • edited February 2013
    All the money goes in pre-flop here, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore this is a 70/30 hand.

However the hand subsequently runs out, the beat is only a 30% chance. His chances of hitting running Quads after you flop the nuts are part of his 30% chance.
  • edited February 2013
    Genuine bad beats like this are interesting to here, especially if, like the OP, you can laugh them off.
    Posted by Mohican
    Might be a bit of a stupid question, but what does OP stand for haha?
  • edited February 2013
    OP = Original Poster
  • edited February 2013
    Oh yeah I could have worked that out for myself, was a bit obvious haha.
  • edited February 2013
    All the money goes in pre-flop here, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore this is a 70/30 hand. However the hand subsequently runs out, the beat is only a 30% chance. His chances of hitting running Quads after you flop the nuts are part of his 30% chance.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Correct but when you've flopped a straight, runner runner quads is still a tough bit of poker gristle to chew on. It's an interesting hand and one worthy of inclusion in a bad beat scenario, especially when he's laughed it off.A lot on here aren't.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Worst bad beat i've had yet! : Correct but when you've flopped a straight, runner runner quads is still a tough bit of poker gristle to chew on. It's an interesting hand and one worthy of inclusion in a bad beat scenario, especially when he's laughed it off.A lot on here aren't.
    Posted by Mohican
    +1, I enjoyed the post tbf and good man for laughing it off!
  • edited February 2013
    It does qualify as a bad beat but when you've played the game loads people just get bored of hearing them tbh. No offence to you, just most people have seen it happen loads so it loses it's shock factor. FWIW the worst bad beat possible is if you get it in on the flop and they have to hit 2 exact cards back to back to win so that's like 2in45 X 1in44 so the worst bad beat ever is 1in990. Someone correct me if I got this wrong. I did this getting it in with top set against a smaller PP and the only way for them to win was runner runner quads... obv it came lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    So,why are these people in the Brags,Beats and Variance 
    section then?
  • edited February 2013
    So,why are these people in the Brags,Beats and Variance  section then?
    Posted by igimc
    Good point haha, every time i log in to the forum this is the first place i come, to check out the bad beats and brags of everyone else, i find them interesting anyway lol.

I got the guy back who got runner runner quads against me last night anyway, rivered a full house against his trips so he said we are even now haha :P
  • edited March 2013
    All the money goes in pre-flop here, unless I'm mistaken. Therefore this is a 70/30 hand. However the hand subsequently runs out, the beat is only a 30% chance. His chances of hitting running Quads after you flop the nuts are part of his 30% chance.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    so according to this, the only hands that are genuinely bad beats are when aces run into ace-x or kings run into k-x etc? if it was kings v aces, the kings still have 18% chance to win don't they? which is only 12% less than a 70/30 type of hand haha. I'm a bit confused, i know it was 70/30 pre flop and i have been beaten loads of times before in those situations but in this particular case, I was 98% favourite after that flop, still makes it a bad beat surely?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Worst bad beat i've had yet!:
    Just had the worst bad beat since i started playing, it was that bad that afterwards i just laughed about it for ages haha. It wasn't on sky poker though, it was live in the pub league tonight, i will try and explain the hand as clearly as possible since obviously I can't copy and paste the hand history lol. Blinds were 300,600 and I was in the big blind with AJo, utg+1 i think limps in for 600, folds round to me, i raise it to 2600, and he shoves all in, i can't remember how much it was but i was priced in to call, which i did reluctantly since i thought its a coin flip at best, but he turned over J10 suited. I flop the nuts, 10,Q,K and then the turn is a 10, and guess what the river was? Another 10 that gave him quads :( Left me with just 200 chips, i went out the next hand to the very same guy lucky sod that he is hahaha :P I can take bad beats and that, i know its part of poker so I laugh about them and move on really quickly but I felt I just had to post about this particular one since it's the worst one i've witnessed so far haha.
    Posted by skeg_poker
    Know exactly how u feel.Today i lost my ace to 5 st8 flush to a higher one.......Could I prevented losing my stack??Unlikely I think