You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shocked at being told by sky poker that team names are being removed from tables when you are sat at

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
I have been having nurmious problems having my team TPT shown on my profile when I am sat at a table, and after contacting sky several times, and them telling me that it would in fact get sorted for me and after checking again today 19th Feb, I phoned sky again and to be honest I am shocked at what they have just told me !!!!. They are now saying that all team names are being removed from the tables and although we are still members of each others teams, this will no longer show on the table when you are sat, and the reason they have just given me is,!! If you are surronded by 2 or 3 members of one team then it would put you under pressure and possibly give those others an unfair advantage ( WHAT RUBBISH ) myself it would make me play harder because if I knocked them out then the bragging rights would be worth any win ??, I am shoked at sky for this decsion and have told them so and that I would think most if not all members of these great teams would not be happy about this, and the response to that is sky would monitor it but all teams names are in the process of being removed. I would be very interested to hear what other team members think of this unjust stupid idea, it just stinks of some senoir manager making decisons yet agin without at least first putting it to the sky community for thier responses, Look forward to hearing from you all, or is it just me and I am being silly ?? I want and am proud to be a member of Team TPT and think I should be allowed to have it next to my name, responses please John

Comments

• edited February 2013
    This is seriously such a shock to you?
  • edited February 2013

I've never thought that the team thing has any place on the tables. If people want to discuss things in a team, away from the table or have league tables for performance that's not an issue. However, if you're uneducated in how these things operate on Sky, pulling up to a table to find several of your opponents have a declared camaraderie, it could certainly leave the impression that you are up against a cartel.

Bear in mind that Sky Poker does not affiliate itself with the teams. I think it's appropriate for all parties to keep this sort of thing off the tables. Of course, team support from the rail is unaffected by this.

I actually think Sky needs to get rid of the customised table name thingymabob. It's really irritating to not be able to check your opponent's stack while you're waiting for them to act. That's just a niggle, though.

• edited February 2013
    To be honest, I'm in THS, I've got it in my location and I couldn't care less if they removed it. What difference does it make?
  • edited February 2013
    Each to there own of course and I would never say you was wrong to either think like this, there is no wrong answer and yes I am shocked Percival BUT THEN AGAIN I SHOULD NOT BE ,
  • edited February 2013
    We had this discussion not so long ago. Here is Sky Lees response.........

Re: Location Changes!!

posted at 29/12/2012 3:09 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 18/6/2010
    Last: 18/2/2013
    Hi all,

There are various reasons, some of those are:

- They can show on the live show on the leaderboard
    - They can be rude/insulting
    - They can hide stacks

These are just some of the reasons. Another is that the location data we have for customers is used in communications, so obviously it has to be correct.

If you are thinking 'why is it just me/us that have had the location changed' - well it isn't so please don't feel we are discriminating against certain teams/individuals!.

We are trying to do this across the board, so we encourage you to tell us if you see one that does need changing.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards
    Lee

Here is the original link............HERE
  • edited February 2013
    This one has been covered on the forum in the past, so I am not going to go into this one too much. 

The best way to think about this is from the other side of the fence. Imagine you're a poker player who has no idea about the Community teams. The team names appearing in there could appear a bit daunting and also suspicious, right? They might think you're all colluding, etc. We know you don't, but the bulk of the customers might not. 

We understand the pride in being a part of the teams, but that section is designed to show other users where you're from, rather than your allegiances. It's also important for us to have correct contact details on your account too for a multitude of reasons. As far as I know, a credit check against the town of Team Knight Poker wouldn't pass :P

I hope that helps clarify the reasoning behind it. I'll close this thread now.

Thanks,
    Dave

Edit: Team name corrected after Vice Captain Maxally told me they'd taken the plop out.