You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flat Callers...

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
After some advice on the following - 

Im Struggling at the minute with people just flat calling the blinds before me and then when i raise they still just call...

For example tonight i get QQ in late position, blinds 200/400, utg goes all in 1700! Guy calls, folds round to me with blinds left to act. So i bet 5000 which is half my stack (10,000) blinds fold, caller of 1700 just calls!? So ive got 5000 left and hes got about 6500 so thinking hes just called both 1700 and 5000 what can he have? Surly with 6 left to act he'd raise the original 1700 with a premium hand and if not surly he'd of put me all in when i bet 5000? 

Anyway flop comes J high all spades... So possible hands in my head, Slow playing AA? cant see it? AK? or JJ? Whatever he has i cant fold over pair to the board with half my stack in and the Q of spades! So he checks, i go all in! 

He eventually calls... KK...with the K of spades :( 

Last week was a similar story, called round to me with AQ suited! I bet everyone folds except for one who just calls... Ace comes on the flop, i check he bets nearly half my stack, i shove, he calls... He has AK 

Finding this a lot on line to, people just flat calling me then showing me AA 

Just wondering what im suppose to do against these flat callers? Do i just say 'oh well i was suppose to do my stack on that hand' of is there some advice for me? 

Comments

• edited February 2013
    You just have to take stuff like that on the chin mate.

If they choose to play there big hands that way it will catch players out from time to time but aslong as you are doing the right thing thats all that matters in the long run.

With the QQ hand you may aswell have pushed pre but either way the result the same ofc.

The AQ hand you prob should get away from depending on stack sizes ofc because someone limp calling then suddenly betting like a madman almost always will have 1 pair beat although by checking flop you showed weakness and prob got him to do what you were hoping for.

Yes you have ran into a few big hands in the last few weeks but in the long run it will swing back in your favour because there will be alot more times when they are limp calling with alot worse hands than yours and there is one thing for certain ( if you dont play your hands strong and charge them the max that would mean YOU would be making the mistakes and letting worse hands in for cheap and then you really would only have yourself to blame when your outdrawn etc unlike now when it seems your doing everything fine ).

Just keep doing what your doing and i am sure you will be ok longterm and thats what matters in this game.

GL
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah you should just jam the QQ pre but obv makes no difference in that hand. He obviously flatted with KK because he wanted others to come along so he can win a bigger pot, just make a note that he flatted a 4xBB shove @ 200/400 w/ KK then next time that spot happens and he decides to re-jam you can think 'ok maybe he doesn't have AA/KK this time' or the reverse if he flats again.