You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there 3 guaranteed seats to final??

edited December 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
if for example a  player has already qualified for the grand final, and finishes in the top 3 at newcastle, will the 4th place finisher win a seat to grand final?? or is it top 3 positions only??

Not that im planning that far lol just would like to clear any possibility first

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Is there 3 guaranteed seats to final??:
    if for example a  player has already qualified for the grand final, and finishes in the top 3 at newcastle, will the 4th place finisher win a seat to grand final?? or is it top 3 positions only?? Not that im planning that far lol just would like to clear any possibility first
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Hi
    This is an interesting one, normally, last year those who had already qualified for the final didnt play the other legs, one or two did but not many. However, with the prize money rising so much this year, where as last year the first prize money was "only" £1.250 approx, the £4000 plus top prize will encourage people to go to more than one event, after pre qualifing for the final. I know Dan is in newcastle, so your question does have a lot of merit.
    IMO it would only be fair to award the third final seat to the 4th placed player but we shall see.

col
  • SPTSPT
    edited December 2009
    Not formally considered this to be honest.

My personal opinion is that if someone wins two seats into the final via top three finishes in more than one leg, the next best finisher on the second occasion (the top three p[layer having already qualified) would get the seat.

I need to check with the great and the good at Sky though before I can confirm this!
  • edited December 2009
    Also, similar subject, in the lobby, it says Top 20 get paid, sure in Manchester it was Top 15 has it been extended to spread the wealth?
  • SPTSPT
    edited December 2009
    Top 15, same as Manchester