You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Take a hit

call or fold, i have the result but people suggested i should hide for discussion purposes

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jojotwenzSmall blind 40.0040.00617.50
SULLYS5Big blind 80.00120.002715.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q

font8aFold    
XXKIPXXFold    
loolololloRaise 160.00280.006910.00
azman27Call 160.00440.0018315.00
jojotwenzFold    
SULLYS5Call 80.00520.002635.00
Flop

• J

SULLYS5Check    
loolololloCheck    
azman27Bet 240.00760.0018075.00
SULLYS5Call 240.001000.002395.00
loolololloCall 240.001240.006670.00
Turn

• Q

SULLYS5All-in 2395.003635.000.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    what tournament is this? 
  • edited February 2013
    Q6s, in the cut off, with a huge stack on the button and a short stack in the small blind. It's not going to be a profitable open.

With the huge stack with position on you, you're not going to be able to successfully bully them, because you have less then 50% of their stack.

Anyway, having reached the flop, I think I slightly prefer a small cbet then a check call, somewhere in the region of 200. I'm not expecting to get many folds on that flop, but we do want to build the pot a bit incase we hit the flush. The turn, yes we have top pair, but our kicker is poor, and there are a lot of hand combos that can call the flop that this card hits. So therefore, I think it's a fold.
  • edited February 2013
    he got a huge stack because he 4x'd up and he didnt usually play pots so.. yeah

and its a bh btw 5.75
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Take a hit:
    Q6s, in the cut off, with a huge stack on the button and a short stack in the small blind. It's not going to be a profitable open. With the huge stack with position on you, you're not going to be able to successfully bully them, because you have less then 50% of their stack. Anyway, having reached the flop, I think I slightly prefer a small cbet then a check call, somewhere in the region of 200. I'm not expecting to get many folds on that flop, but we do want to build the pot a bit incase we hit the flush. The turn, yes we have top pair, but our kicker is poor, and there are a lot of hand combos that can call the flop that this card hits. So therefore, I think it's a fold.
    Posted by NColley

what do you think hes shoving here with?

• edited February 2013
    as its a bounty hunter i probably say call. But Ncolley is right, the fold is defo the best play long term. As for what hes shoving with who nose, but probably beating TPWK meaning we're dependant on hitting. 
  • edited February 2013
    If you guarantee that the big stack folds you need 40% for a breakeven call. (roughly 2:3 odds given)

This is the kind of situation where it becomes extremely useful to use pokerstove. Experiment by inputting a tight range, see what kind of equity you have. Input a loose range, again see what kind of equity you have. Suddenly you actually learnt something yourself and not just accepting what people tell you.

I actually answered fold in the previous post without doing the math. With the fact you cover this opponent also helps as we might be more inclined to call even if we were slightly below 40%.

The big stack being left to act is of concern to me though. He bet the flop. It's pretty awful for us if he ends up with KQ, QT, 89, JT or the like and we actually end up busting.