You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flush with reads, paired board. River spot - NL10

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Not been at the table long. However i do have a previous note, which effects my play on this hand. However my turn sizing is a little off i admit. Well rather a long way off. But was trying to keep it small enough to allow my opponent to stay in the hand. 

Previous notes:  "LP cold called 3b oop donk lead flop called re-raise donk lead turn stacked - QQ - NL10" 

LP = Loose Passive 
3b = 3bet
oop = Out of Position. 

basically my worry is obviously hes capable of flatting QQ then donking this board. Obviouslty we beat QQ.  But that would allow me to think he has houses within his range when played like this. So with our flush, should we just flat this river, or is a value raise still the correct play? 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xSmall blind £0.05£0.05£6.72
paulace111Big blind £0.10£0.15£8.80
ScrivenerSit out    
 Your hole cards

PIEMAN180Fold    
The_Don90Raise £0.30£0.45£9.00
wi03Fold    
xCall £0.25£0.70£6.47
paulace111Fold    
Flop

• K
  • A

xBet £0.10£0.80£6.37
The_Don90Call £0.10£0.90£8.90
Turn

• J

xBet £0.10£1.00£6.27
The_Don90Raise £0.40£1.40£8.50
xCall £0.30£1.70£5.97
River

• A

xBet £1.70£3.40£4.27
The_Don90Raise or Call

Comments

• edited February 2013
    reads do nothing but compound your misery
    if oppo plays QQ like this then they are tight passive

when oppo donks, how much and with what hands - how much did oppo donk with QQ

min donk can mean anything weak or strong
    does oppo donks certain amounts with various hand strenth

fact that oppo goes more on river you should call and re evaluate your read
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush with reads, paired board. River spot - NL10:
    reads do nothing but compound your misery if oppo plays QQ like this then they are tight passive when oppo donks, how much and with what hands - how much did oppo donk with QQ min donk can mean anything weak or strong does oppo donks certain amounts with various hand strenth fact that oppo goes more on river you should call and re evaluate your read
    Posted by rancid
    ah should have said that a donk means min donk in my notes. if its more itll state. i find min donks are common at low levels so i adopted that teqnuiqe
  • edited February 2013

When loose passive players suddenly wake up and bomb it, it means that they think theyve got the nuts. 

You've got to try and figure out what he considers to be the nuts on this board, if he's bad (looks like he is) then he can be over-valuing trip aces or the straight. 

Think raising here is a big mistake, as is folding. 

Snap call! 
  • edited February 2013
    never raising either call or fold imo

the way the opponent has played the hands is confused me and they seem in nicest way not very good I think I lean towards call and as rancid say update your notes on opponent after.

and yeah your sizing on turn is not great and has lead to a difficult decison on river but you have already stated you no what you have done wrong so fair play.
  • edited February 2013
    pot size bet is v.v.v.v.v.bad for us

I think it might even be closer to a fold than a call

loose passive making an aggressive move is generally a bad thing. 
  • edited February 2013
    Call.

I have nothing more to add at this time...
  • edited February 2013
    :O 

i did call. 

Thought maybe I shoud be raising here, never even considered the fold option. 

• edited February 2013
    dohhhhhhhhhhhhh has it spot on