You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you think i should call this or fold it?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
XXKIPXXSmall blind 100.00100.009420.00
loolololloBig blind 200.00300.0013247.50
 Your hole cards

REDARROW61Call 200.00500.003385.00
gmd1701Fold    
SULLYS5Fold    
XXKIPXXCall 100.00600.009320.00
loolololloRaise 500.001100.0012747.50
REDARROW61Call 500.001600.002885.00
XXKIPXXFold    
Flop

loolololloBet 800.002400.0011947.50
REDARROW61All-in 2885.005285.000.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    fyi i ended up calling ill show results later
  • edited February 2013
    Don't raise from the BB imo, I'd just take a flop.

You probably won't get folds, and you want to go multiway anyway. Now cos you've raised, any c-bet at all commits you against his stack.

Don't think call is too bad V his stack.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: you think i should call this or fold it?:
    Don't raise from the BB imo, I'd just take a flop. You probably won't get folds, and you want to go multiway anyway. Now cos you've raised, any c-bet at all commits you against his stack. Don't think call is too bad V his stack.
    Posted by Lambert180
    mmm, yeah guess so, the way i played it out do you reckon fold or call i off
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: you think i should call this or fold it?:
    Don't raise from the BB imo, I'd just take a flop. You probably won't get folds, and you want to go multiway anyway. Now cos you've raised, any c-bet at all commits you against his stack. Don't think call is too bad V his stack.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Why don't we like the raise? Multi-way is fine but we'll be going multi-way against a short stack and a weak range, so not great implied odds. I don't like set-mining in this spot and pre-flop we figure to have the best hand.

I prefer the raise IF we think the small blind is likely just making up because it's cheap and will fold to a raise frequently. I'm looking to commit the short stack if we perceive him to have a wide limping range (which is surely a reasonable assumption). I definitely make it more than 700 total, though. I probably make it 1000 and don't complain if I get two folds but don't worry about doubling up the shorty if he wants to get it in pre-flop or on the flop.

In fact, thinking about it I like the raise even if the small blind flats our 1000. If he does, we're going to end up winning a bigger pot post-flop alot of the time with a c-bet. Complications arise when both call and it's higher variance but should be very profitable in the long-run.

If we're not raising 88 here, where's the boundary? Are we checking 99 or TT?
  • edited February 2013
    Now given ur stack size,i think its a call,chances are u r behind,but could also be making this play with suited connectors,that have made an open ender,so you might still have cards to dodge,you 12000,and 2000 to call. 
    If you lose you still have 50bb left so plenty of play.

I f you only had 7000 left id say fold,so on this occasion i think your stack size dictates your play 
  • edited February 2013
    i think a call for me mainly due to their stack size but it would come down to their previous play and what their perception of you might be. But i certainly wouldnt be confident and wouldnt be surprised at all if i was behind.

What hands could they have that would beat you? A10, K10, Q10, J10, Pocket aa's, kk's, qq's, jj's, 10's, 9s, 5's or 6's. I'm ruling out any hand that hits two pair on that board immediately.

I would say it's unlikely they play trips like that (flat call more often in that spot) so that would rule out the 10's, 6's and 5's for me. Hard to put them on aces, kings, queens or jacks from their play preflop but definitely not impossible. so that leaves A10, K10, Q10, J10 or 9's. With your raise preflop i would say K10 and Q10 are unlikely. So for me its have they got A10 or J10 or 9's. Due to his smallish stack, your stack size, the stack size of the rest of the table and your 800 raise - it's a call for me.

I think it would come down more to judging the player from their previous plays to get an idea of what they would limp then call with preflop and what they might think of your raise. the speed of their reraise all in would also factor for me - if it was instant i would probably lean towards folding more
  • edited February 2013
    i ended up calling it off and he had 
    pocket 3's
    i won the hand