You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LACK OFF MTT SELECTION

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
can we please have a few nightly mtts that are freeze outs and not bounty hunters??? i no bounty hunters are the most popular but i feel certain players are being neglected by sky by not offering us a variety of  choice regarding mtts. its been said a thousand times i no but surely its time to give us what we want ( im not the only one here)

Comments

• edited February 2013

Far too many rubbish MTTs, the liquidity is all over the place.

Just compare these 2 sites....

Sky.

Players currently seated = 1,074
    NLHE MTTs scheduled between 8pm and 9pm tonight = 30.

Site A

Players currently seated = 53,085
    NLHE MTTs scheduled between 8pm and 9pm tonight = 10.

How can Sky get it so wrong? :(

• edited February 2013
    If you give people too much of a choice then they won't know what they want.

Do not stack your shelfs with too many products, it confuses the consumer and they leave with nothing.

How many makes of TV's should you stock in your shop ?

----------

Limits-

Micro/low/med/high

too much choice

all mtt's should be these buy in's

£1
    £2
    £5
    £11
    £33
    £55
    £100+

Too much varaiation within a limit and compounded by too much of a varied game selection

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: LACK OFF MTT SELECTION:
    If you give people too much of a choice then they won't know what they want. Do not stack your shelfs with too many products, it confuses the consumer and they leave with nothing. How many makes of TV's should you stock in your shop ? ---------- Limits- Micro/low/med/high too much choice all mtt's should be these buy in's £1 £2 £5 £11 £33 £55 £100+ Too much varaiation within a limit and compounded by too much of a varied game selection
    Posted by rancid
    i totally agree with ur prices, ive just never ever seen a poker site that has an mtt lobby with only bounty hunters and silly timed tournaments cos thats what they are silly and thats being polite!
  • edited February 2013
    If you give people too much of a choice then they won't know what they want. Do not stack your shelfs with too many products, it confuses the consumer and they leave with nothing. How many makes of TV's should you stock in your shop ? ---------- Limits- Micro/low/med/high too much choice all mtt's should be these buy in's £1 £2 £5 £11 £33 £55 £100+ Too much varaiation within a limit and compounded by too much of a varied game selection
    Posted by rancid
    +1 to this idea
  • edited February 2013
    Far too many rubbish MTTs, the liquidity is all over the place. Just compare these 2 sites.... Sky. Players currently seated = 1,074 NLHE MTTs scheduled between 8pm and 9pm tonight = 30. Site A Players currently seated = 53,085 NLHE MTTs scheduled between 8pm and 9pm tonight = 10. How can Sky get it so wrong? :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Just out of interest, does Site B offer non-NLHE MTTs in that time? If so, how many?

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: LACK OFF MTT SELECTION : Just out of interest, does Site B offer non-NLHE MTTs in that time? If so, how many?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    2, both PLO. 

61,741 online now. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: LACK OFF MTT SELECTION : 2, both PLO.  61,741 online now. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If this is a certain french version of a site, I'm amazed at how many people are on it.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: LACK OFF MTT SELECTION : If this is a certain french version of a site, I'm amazed at how many people are on it.
    Posted by NColley
    It is, there were only like 5k on at any 1 time until they heard I had signed up. 

Seriously though :(

It's crackers. 

Admittedly, in my post I made the mistake of including satellites on sky. Obv they don't show in the lobby on Site A.

But even without sats, there's still 15 MTTs on sky, 10 on there, and 50x more players over there. 

Surely it's basic market research? 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to LACK OFF MTT SELECTION:
    can we please have a few nightly mtts that are freeze outs and not bounty hunters??? i no bounty hunters are the most popular but i feel certain players are being neglected by sky by not offering us a variety of  choice regarding mtts. its been said a thousand times i no but surely its time to give us what we want ( im not the only one here)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    +1
  • edited February 2013

This is an old argument revisited. The same thread was around a year ago and the non response to it was the main reason I left Sky. (OK,OK, I hear everybody going "Boo Hoo" and "Who He")?

Who me? Just a guy who came to on-line poker with Sky as their first and only site, and I loved it! The f
    orum and the wit, the downright funny, the often moving discussions and help given to players with "difficulties", plus the sheer poker knowledge of many of the contributors make this site unique. What a shame then that no one seems to listen to the people who make it great.

OK, so I still keep £50 or so in my account and from time to time I stick my head round the door to see if anything has changed. Unfortunately, such changes are usually more gimmicks when I do feel many of us just want to play good old Texas Hold `Em, "Freeze Out". If it ain`t bust, don`t fix it.

Good Luck All :)

Cubby Boy. (Yes, it is a daft name but it`s belongs to one of our cats)

• edited February 2013
    In Response to LACK OFF MTT SELECTION : +1
    Posted by macapaca
    AGREE  to my way of thinking the lobby is overloaded,for a smaller site like sky, they need to reduce what they offer in the way of mtt,s .By condenseing the mtt schedule ,this will enable them to increase guarantees .An example where this could be done is the £500 and the £250 B/H ,they start 5 mins apart ,just have £750 B/H.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: LACK OFF MTT SELECTION : It is, there were only like 5k on at any 1 time until they heard I had signed up.  Seriously though :( It's crackers.  Admittedly, in my post I made the mistake of including satellites on sky. Obv they don't show in the lobby on Site A. But even without sats, there's still 15 MTTs on sky, 10 on there, and 50x more players over there.  Surely it's basic market research? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

If theres one thing you know about its how to run a poker site jj! Sky should employ you as a consultant. 

It is insane that sky is soo skewed towards bh's, I have spoken to soo many sky players who hate them. The site has now hit saturation point, meaning that they arent recruiting more players and quite a few are leaving. Sky cant sell the we play in pounds anymore because stars has addressed that matter, they have wallets in pounds and games in pounds so they are stamping in skys backyard. 

Sky need to sort out the schedule, not gear everything up towards the me every night. Offer a decent selection of mtts to cater for all tastes not just assume everyone wants to play bh's because if they did then sky would have snapped up the uk market by now. 

Ohh and another piece of commercial suicide. When sky's cash game is being shown on sky sports, surely it doesnt make sense to have shane warne promoting 888 poker in one of the ad breaks!