You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

golden tickets promo?

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
will sky let us know at the end of the 26th how many tickets we have accumulated just to make sure they are correct?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Don't think they did last time so I'm guessing not.
  • edited February 2013
    How can we be sure that we are in the drawing list and this draw will be fair?. They will just announce some names with no clarity about the software they're using
  • edited February 2013
    God, you're making it sound like you've done something to be entered into this promotion. Just play poker as you normally would and you might win some prizes, if not, boo hoo. Stop complaning about something like this, so utterly ridic
  • edited February 2013
    in reply to above comment btw, not op. and I didn't intend for it to sound SO AGGRESSIVE. true what I say tho. imo. lol.
  • edited February 2013
    lol I knew it wasn`t for me m8 you no coming back to play on sky ? no seen you for a while on the tables but maybe because I took a break for 6 weeks.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: golden tickets promo?:
    in reply to above comment btw, not op. and I didn't intend for it to sound SO AGGRESSIVE. true what I say tho. imo. lol.
    Posted by percival09
    u r aggressive mate.. i just want clarity about promotions in sky nothing more
  • edited February 2013
    Of course they'll include everyone, what would be the point of doing anything else? They're gonna give away £x amount of prizes, why would they care if there are 10 people in the draw or 10,000 in terms of who wins it?

You should know yourself (at least roughly) how many points you've earned on a given day imo so all they can do is re-iterate that to you anyway, there's still no way you'd know you're actually in the draw, but it's free moniezz, as Percy said, if you win you win, if you don't you've lost nothing.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: golden tickets promo?:
    How can we be sure that we are in the drawing list and this draw will be fair?. They will just announce some names with no clarity about the software they're using
    Posted by fresha
    I herd a nasty rumour that the only reason sky did this promo was so they wouldn't count you in the draw!
  • edited February 2013

i just typed in the golden ticket promo code but i know the promotion started yesterday.

Do you only start accumulating tickets after you've typed in the code or once i type in the code is the whole period counted? i.e. will my points/tickets be included from yesterday :)

• edited February 2013
    I think all points count as long as you enter the promo code sometime before the 26th, or at least that's the way I interpreted it. 
  • edited February 2013
    I would love to know just as reference how many tickets were in the draw last time. Are we talking 200,000+ do people think? A max of 350 a week with roughly 1000 seated most of the day could mean up to 350,000. Just be interesting to know so I can sort of work out my chances. If anyone at Sky wants to provide the number from last weeks then that would be great!
  • edited February 2013
    depends how many people put in the promo code. Im sure loads of people didnt last time. but srsly why does it matter? its freeeeeeeeeee sky arnt going to con you by only pputting 89 tickets in when you actually earnt 150 lol
  • edited February 2013
    I'm not suggesting at all that I have been conned, just simply interested to know.
  • edited February 2013
    Given that most people will probably get 350 or close to without even altering what they'd normally do anyway I'd reckon it's definitely gonna be 350,000+ tickets.

Clearly my maths must have gone wrong cos this don't seem right...

350k tickets   /  96 prizes    = 3645

But assume you got 50 tickets

is that not 50 in 3645

which is 1 in 72???

Have I gone wrong or are the odds not that bad for 350k tickets? :s
  • edited February 2013
    who cares :D Lets forget and live on!!!!! :D