You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i be multi tabling

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
£80

start with one table, then add another - if you feel comfortable then add another and keep on like that

play TAG in the main, if your on a loose table then widen your value range

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hi guys, a lot of players might know me as a loose aggresive player.
    Now its not that i dont know how to play the grinding game as i do,play premiumn hand s in position,and play them aggressive,and really tightenen your range when oop.

The trouble starts when i get bored,then i want some enjoyment for my cash,and some fun.
    i know that enjoyment and fun = loosing your cash in the long term.
    I have only been play ing for about 3-4 years,i consider this to be my introduction to learning the game.
    Im at the stage now i would like to start making some money,and to start growing a bankroll.

I have been practising multi tabling on another site,(as they have re-sizeable tables) which i like,dont like the mini view.so i have been playing 6 tables which i really enjoy,only it was for low stake sit n go,s,and  so far,had  a pretty good final table cashes.

so i suppose the question should i multi tabling all the time on cash tables,and what sort of bankroll,would i need for 2/4p.

your help would be very much appreciated.
  • edited February 2013
    Multi-tabling SNG's is very different to cash. In SNG's most of the important decisions are in the later stages and will be straightforward, pre-flop decisions. In cash games, obviously you'll be playing through the streets and making trickier decisions. Playing six tables you'll frequently find yourself playing three or four hands simulataneously at different stages of play. No all-in or fold pre-flop poker on cash tables.

So multi-tabling sit and go's isn't really good preparation for cash. I'd suggest starting with two-tabling, then opening another whenever you're comfortable and so on from there. Don't sit down with the intention of "Right. now I'm going to play six tables" if you've never played more than one or two cash tables before.

You don't need to tighten up your range too much just because you're multi-tabling. When I play cash I play a wide range but I let my position make my decision for me. That's always going to be the most important thing. Make sure you play aggressively and balance your range and you shouldn't have any problem playing the suited connectors, small pairs, etc.

I tend to think that worrying about BRM is pointless at NL4. If someone says you should have at least twenty buy-ins and you only have £40, what are you going to do? You can't move down a limit, can you? I'd say wait until you have built up 20 buy-ins for NL8 before moving up. That's all that seems relevant.
  • edited February 2013
    for 2/4p like 60-100 £ if you really want to grind it its boring as hell but yeah you make money over time i guess i suggest starting with 2 tables and when you get used to it go up to 3 and play 3 for a while and then gradually go up to 4 +
  • edited February 2013
    its preferable to multi table cash but if you havent done it before then build yourself up to it. start with 2 or 3 tables, get comfortable, add another and so on til you get to where you want and to where your still being profitable.

i'd say play in mini view more, it does take a little getting used to but its worth it. i only play in mini view now when im playing cash, can get all the tables on my screen without having too much overlap.

as for a bankroll, it will depend on what you can afford to start with. if you can afford £50 then i'd be looking at playing no more than 4 tables with it but probably stick to 3 for the most part. it gives you a little leeway where if it goes bad you can still recover.

if your aim is to play 6 tables then your best to have more buyins behind you. whatever you decide i'd be making the aim of getting up to £100 from whatever you start with before tryin to 6 table. you never want to have too much in play spread over the tables. the less pressure you have buyin wise the better decisions you should be able to make.

people will say you need 20 buyins to move up and it will work for some but you will know yourself when the times right, and what number of buyins to tables you play that you think is required for next level.

good luck