You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo hasn't played much, Greg has 3b me alot, I'd say 50% of that time I've 4bet. 

Given my oppos line i rekon i can fold here. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xSmall blind £0.10£0.10£30.98
IMikeyBoyIBig blind £0.20£0.30£26.06
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

_ARAZI_Fold    
fishyfi995Fold    
The_Don90Raise £0.60£0.90£19.62
GREGHOGGRaise £1.80£2.70£60.15
xCall £1.70£4.40£29.28
IMikeyBoyIFold    
The_Don90Raise £3.80£8.20£15.82
GREGHOGGFold    
xRaise £5.20£13.40£24.08
The_Don90????

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face:
    Oppo hasn't played much, Greg has 3b me alot, I'd say 50% of that time I've 4bet.  Given my oppos line i rekon i can fold here.  Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance x Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £30.98 IMikeyBoyI Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £26.06   Your hole cards K K       _ARAZI_ Fold         fishyfi995 Fold         The_Don90 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.62 GREGHOGG Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £60.15 x Call   £1.70 £4.40 £29.28 IMikeyBoyI Fold         The_Don90 Raise   £3.80 £8.20 £15.82 GREGHOGG Fold         x Raise   £5.20 £13.40 £24.08 The_Don90 ????
    Posted by The_Don90
    NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • edited February 2013
    take your slap fewl, more case can be made to fold to Gregs continuing range rather than the flat then continue range.
  • edited February 2013
    Don't think you can ever 4bet/fold here. You need serious reads that they will only ever 5bet/call a 4bet w/ AA and if you have these reads then don't 4bet in the first place.

If you aint got these reads, get it in imo
  • edited February 2013
    flat 3bet and let greghogg bluff you post flop!

to be serious though.. would expect x to have like AQs or TT more then AA, obv you shoved and he had AA right?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face:
    Don't think you can ever 4bet/fold here. You need serious reads that they will only ever 5bet/call a 4bet w/ AA and if you have these reads then don't 4bet in the first place. If you aint got these reads, get it in imo
    Posted by Lambert180

Slightly more to it than that Lambert. Hes cold called gregs 3bet then suddenly click 5bets. 

Given most players, what are their ranges here. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face:
    In Response to Re: If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face : Slightly more to it than that Lambert. Hes cold called gregs 3bet then suddenly click 5bets.  Given most players, what are their ranges here. 
    Posted by The_Don90

the range is miles behind kings and you should be thinking how weak do you stack off here not what to do with the 2nd nuts preflop.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: If your ever going to fold Kings 100BB deep this is the spot right? - I await my slap in the face : the range is miles behind kings and you should be thinking how weak do you stack off here not what to do with the 2nd nuts preflop.
    Posted by beaneh

Given im not an experianced player, this is one of the very few times ive ever seen this line. Given im assuming this guy is rather tight - he hasnt done much - and im going to assume at NL20 they know im 4betting greg alot, how wide is their range. 

Obviously im 4betting greg alot = wider range i can accept that. 

Urgh, i dno... this game is hard. lol. 

Can we swap brains? 
  • edited February 2013
    easy get it in we have his range crushed given the action hell have like 10s/js here
  • edited February 2013
    I wouldn't be able to fold pre purely on the basis he has flatted GH 3bet, if you have previous notes or think from the time you have played on the table that he is competent enough to be aware of the dynamics between you and GH and therefore plan to flat a 3bet with AA fully expecting you to put in a 4bet then i guess you can fold, however the read would have to be incredibly strong, although even then if you have both been very active he is probably likely to think hands like AQ QS Js 10s are monsters against your respective ranges so personally i would be getting it in, if he turns over AA wp move on to next hand.
  • edited February 2013
    I wouldn't be able to fold pre purely on the basis he has flatted GH 3bet, if you have previous notes or think from the time you have played on the table that he is competent enough to be aware of the dynamics between you and GH and therefore plan to flat a 3bet with AA fully expecting you to put in a 4bet then i guess you can fold, however the read would have to be incredibly strong, although even then if you have both been very active he is probably likely to think hands like AQ QS Js 10s are monsters against your respective ranges so personally i would be getting it in, if he turns over AA wp move on to next hand.
    Posted by benc

Thanks for explaining in an easy to understand manner benc. 

As you say it now depending on soo much.

poker is trully hard. back off to NL4 i go. Being a brain dead ape is easier. 
  • edited February 2013
    don't 4 bet fold KK 100bb deep - ever

when oppo flats 3 bet it's either AQ/AK/prs or AA

Your ahead of range

The fact that you have been 4 betting a lot is even more of a reason to not fold.
    Why set up dynamics pre to then 4 bet fold KK