You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it just me or are the 2p/4p changing

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

it might seem weird asking this but what i notice is now the calling stations are not common anymore now.
it seems to me that nits and trappers are the main people on these tables.
usually people say that things like bluffs don't work well but i now find it easy to do bluffs myself.
this hand here i'm holding AQo which i reraised preflop.
the villian then decides to do a bet right away post flop at first i thought maybe i shall fold but at last minute i changed my mind and decided to shove and it got him to do what i wanted him to do fold so although he might have held a over pair knowing how easy it has become to now do bluffs i went for the shove to scare him.
the thing i get stressed about the most now with these micro stakes is not actually the bad beats, it's the constant lack of action from post flop.

mowgli178 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.93
rhino2 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.48
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

xRaise  £0.16 £0.22 £2.31
craigcu12 Raise  £0.52 £0.74 £3.57
ballboy Fold     
LoveChops Fold     
mowgli178 Fold     
rhino2 Fold     
xCall  £0.36 £1.10 £1.95
Flop

xBet  £0.83 £1.93 £1.12
craigcu12 All-in  £3.57 £5.50 £0.00
xFold     
craigcu12 Muck

Comments

• edited February 2013

bluffing for all your stack is a bit risky though in my opinion.

It may work 4 times out 5 but the one time it doesnt you might undo all the winnings from the previous moves. I understand with a pot of £2, his raise of £0.83 and your stack being £3.57 an all in raise to take the pot was probably your only available raise realistically.

• edited February 2013
    the level has changed from this time last year and there are more competent players around but there is still lots of value out there.

the key is table selection. by now you should have a good idea of who these competent players are and if you know they are tight or nitty and its tough to get money off them without a cooler appearing then look elsewhere. nl4 has the most tables running than any other level so there is choice out there. you just got to hunt it down.

btw i suspect you dont want a caller in that hand and you got the ideal result.
  • edited February 2013
    Of course as time progresses and players find out about all the free information that is available to them, play will improve. Now obviously it's only 4nl, I doubt the change is so significant lol.

I don't know why you've posted the above hand. That surely proves the amount of value to be had at 4nl lol
  • edited February 2013
    Just started playing cash tables at this level and my 1st experience of cash,but seem to be doing ok.finding the right table has helped i tend to sit and watch a few hands before i enter the play. I'm keeping records of the games i'm playing and have a 20% profit.i know any profit is good but what is a good profit? Also apart from bankroll i'm not sure when to step up a level.Any ideas? Reading has been a great help "Gus Hansen-every hand revealed has changed my game for the better.
  • edited March 2013
    There are on Fridays

:)
  • edited March 2013
    I don't think so craig, it's prob a particuar table you are playing on.

I think it is still loose and fast. Although a few nights ago i was playing at a table where most raises were folded to. It just depends on the table and whose sitting down, but most times it's same as always.