You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your thoughts please

Dont know how to post a hand so will just ask a question.

6 seater 100 nl table

All players sitting with over 100 bbs

UTG makes it £3

2 callers

I am in SB with KK and make it £12 out of a £178 stack

BB who is tightish reg then makes it £38 out of a £220 stack

Folds around to button (prob worst player at table imo but who has been fairly passive till now) and who orig just called £3 but now pushes £120

What should i do ?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    You should 3bet bigger imo, if it's gone £3 then 2 callers there's £9 + the blinds so £12 in the pot so you're asking first guy to call £9 to win £24, next guy £9 to win £33 and so on. I probably go to about £16.

I probably just jam now, think the weak player can turn up with a lot more than just AA after flatting originally. Tightish BB is a worry but imo can definitely show up with worse unless they're a supernit.
  • edited February 2013
    urgh your prob have to jam it now w/ alot in the pot its worth it and just hope he doesnt come up with aces, v ul if he does but he could be making this play wih ak/qq  aswell as aa so your going to have to take a chance
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to a:
    You should 3bet bigger imo, if it's gone £3 then 2 callers there's £9 + the blinds so £12 in the pot so you're asking first guy to call £9 to win £24, next guy £9 to win £33 and so on. I probably go to about £16. I probably just jam now, think the weak player can turn up with a lot more than just AA after flatting originally. Tightish BB is a worry but imo can definitely show up with worse unless they're a supernit.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1 All of this.

In my opinion we shouldn't be looking for spots to fold KK pre-flop. Occasionally it will happen because a situation leaps out at us maybe with a cold 5-bet from a player who hasn't acted in three hours. In those spots you'll be so sure that you won't need to ask the question on a forum, though.

If you're not absolutely sure that a player MUST have either AA or KK to do what they've done, don't fold KK pre-flop.
  • edited February 2013
    just push it all in and then go for a poo )
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: a:
    In Response to a : +1 All of this. In my opinion we shouldn't be looking for spots to fold KK pre-flop. Occasionally it will happen because a situation leaps out at us maybe with a cold 5-bet from a player who hasn't acted in three hours. In those spots you'll be so sure that you won't need to ask the question on a forum, though. If you're not absolutely sure that a player  MUST have either AA or KK to do what they've done, don't fold KK pre-flop.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Wow, for once I actually posted a reply on something, was first to get there and one of the great advice givers agreed with me!

Cheers Borin
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: a:
    In Response to Re: a : Wow, for once I actually posted a reply on something, was first to get there and one of the great advice givers agreed with me! Cheers Borin
    Posted by Lambert180

Happy days )

maybe raise to £24
  • edited February 2013
    I actually folded because i didnt think it was worth the risk putting a extra 166 big blinds in on what i thought was a gamble when i could let the hand go and have much better chances later on in the game when i felt alot more confident of where i was and i was worried about 2 players hands and if only 1 of them had AA i was drawing pretty thin.

Both players had AA

Thats the good news

The bad news for me was the flop came down KKx which meant i folded quads :(

Thanks for the advice guys

Daz
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Your thoughts please:
    just push it all in and then go for a poo )
    Posted by rancid
    Probably the best bit of advice given on this forum, ever!!!! Too funny!!