You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Opponents Donking Range

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I've removed the villians name because I don't think it's fair people comment on this question based on their on personal reads on the player.

Villian in the SB is one of the 'solid' nitty regs at this level, plays very straight forward ABC. Not been at the level that long but haven't seen them get out of line once yet.

I was a little bit confused by his 3/4 pot donk lead on the flop and then when he folded to a raise I was completely baffled.

Imo villian has no 2prs in his range cos he is never flatting pre OOP w/ 57, K5 or K7. He's never flatting with KK so that's out. He would flat 55 and 77 pre but again he plays very straight forward and have never seem him go mental like this with a flopped set for fear of scaring off the action (and obv wouldnt fold these to a raise).

I'd expect him to call my raise with any FD that he'd donk with so wtf has he got here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
X Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £57.88
onthemoon Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £35.48
rancid Sit out        
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
Nooob101 Fold        
X Call   £0.50 £1.40 £57.38
onthemoon Call   £0.40 £1.80 £35.08
Flop

• K

X Bet   £1.35 £3.15 £56.03
onthemoon Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £4.00 £7.15 £15.40
X Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £4.27   £19.67
Lambert180 Return   £2.65 £0.23 £22.32

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Can't really comment on villains play. But id flat the donk lead.

Also if you perceive villain as a solid reg, and you're also sat with rancid and noob101.... I'd move table.

Loads of soft tables out there tonight.

• edited February 2013
    Actually...maybe getting me nooobs mixed up. Theres a gd 1 out there, canny remember off top of head if this is the gd1.
  • edited February 2013
    Well I figured he would be C/C with his Kx hands and maybe some PPs, so only thing I could think was it was a draw in which case I thought he'd pay to chase.

EDIT: I don't think noob is a solid reg as far as I know, either that or I aint come across him much yet, don't think I had any notes on him. I find most tables at 20NL tend to have at least 2 regs on (whether they're good regs or not is another matter), seems tough to get a table full of ... not regs although I start a lot of new tables myself which I think helps.
  • edited February 2013
    i can only think he has something like kj or kq but its an odd line to take
  • edited February 2013
    if your on tonight around 8pm,i,ll try play on your table ,should be easy chips for you
  • edited February 2013
    i play this the exact same, but then id raise there with my entire range so i have to. 
  • edited February 2013
    If he's solid/nitty don't think raising acclompishes much OTF. If villain continues then most of the time you're either flipping against a combo FD or behind to a set/very rare 2 pr. Sometimes they might have AK and obv continue with that but you block a few AKs. If onthemoon is fishy there's a good chance villain has a Kx like KQ or KJ and is just looking to valuetown this player, but then when you raise he realises his hand is probably no good so folds.

He might also have a bad FD like JTs that knows it doesn't have the correct odds to chase.