You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best Value MEs on Sky

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hi,

I'm sure someone gave a link to it recently, does anyone know where I can find a list of the ME for each night, the BI etc?

EDIT: I'd like to get a view from the experienced MTT players/people who regularly play the MEs what the best value ones are.

Put 'em in order if you like or just name the ones you feel are worth playing or w/e. Not gonna play the Thursday BH cos I've played that before a few times (from free entries) and just don't think the structure is particularly great to say the least.

I don't know what the structures are like for any of them than Thursday BH and Primo. I'm sure I heard someone say £11r was the best MTT on sky in their opinion recently... any thoughts welcome.
  • edited February 2013
    I found that but it's pretty poor on the information front. Most of them don't even tell you what the BI is. I was also trying to hopefully get the structures... might just change this thread a bit actually...
  • edited February 2013
    open garyqqq results thread. hes posts the links to the tourney lobbies, pretty sure those links are viable for at least a few days after they have played out. you will get all the details from there
  • edited February 2013
    Good idea TinTin, I'll have a look.

Cheers Belsibub.

Still would be interested to hear opinions on the best MEs to play and why you like them
  • edited February 2013
    I play the main events about 4-5 times a week, I don't really like the BH so the best that I likee- Sunday primo and the Weds rebuy open, all the rest are BH other than Tuesday which is a turbo.

Please bring back the deepstack that was the weds main sky!!!!!
  • edited February 2013
    TBH all of the main events are 'value' in different ways.

Monday £33BH - fairly decent sized field I think usually at 350/400 runners.  Lots of standard hunter play and a lot of sat qualifiers.  £2k or so uptop I think.

Tuesday £33 Turbo Open - smaller field but Turbo play.  Lot of people will misplay stacks and if you can adjust accordingly then tonnes of value to be had too.  The only thing about this tournie that I would change is the BI.  I think having an £11/16.50 BI for this nature of tournie would be excellent.

Wednesday £11 Rebuy - Excellent tournie at a great BI level.  The opportunity to make higher variance plays early on to accumulate chips is a great advantage of this tournie. Decent money uptop and for your BI/rebuy/addon I think you get 7k in chips compared to 2k in a BH night.  My fav tournie of the week in terms of how it plays.

Thursday £33BH - Structure more turboy which IMO is a good thing for this night.  Gets the most amount of runners for a main for this reason, despite 'proper' poker players moaning about the structure.  One of my fav online tournies.

Friday £55BH - Like other BHs but as the BI is bigger a slightly smaller field.  I would say that the starting stack for this tournie should be increased.  But as I said always value.

Saturday £33BH - As Monday/Thursday/Friday really.

Primo £55 - Great stack, great strucutre and usually £3.5kish uptop.  Dont think this tournie could be improved.

Think the nightly 9pm sideys have a lot of value too.  The runners are slightly smaller so lower variance.  Think the £11 rebuy at this time that runs a couple of times a week is a fantastic way forward from Sky.  The £11BHs that run at 9/9.30 too.

Basically all have their merits.  My personal favs are the Primo and the Rebuy and the Thursday BH.  In terms of 'value for money' it has to be the £11 rebuys
  • edited February 2013
    £33 10k BHs get the softest fields I think
  • edited February 2013
    The £11 rebuys are the best Mtts on the site at the moment IMO.  If you rebuy straight away and then at the least do not lose any ( but hopefully gain some) buy the addon thats at least an 8000 chip stack with blinds at 75/150. By this stage many runners have not rebought and have left so you are looking at a reduced field with a healthy stack.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Best Value MEs on Sky:
    The £11 rebuys are the best Mtts on the site at the moment IMO.  If you rebuy straight away and then at the least do not lose any ( but hopefully gain some) buy the addon thats at least an 8000 chip stack with blinds at 75/150. By this stage many runners have not rebought and have left so you are looking at a reduced field with a healthy stack.
    Posted by jonjo75
    +1
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers for the replies guys, especially Ryan for a great reply on all tournies. Will be playing a few more mains and minis, through sats and the odd direct buy-in if I'm doing ok elsewhere so just wanted to make sure I put my money into the best games.