You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£250 a month at 4nl

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Anybody think this is possible?

checking my bankroll progression I would have been up about £175 so far this month (4 tabling evening and weekends), if not for a failed 10nl shot.

Just wondering if anybody who just plays evenings and weekends has ever hit £250 at 4nl only?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I think my best month was +£120 although i get bored at nl4 and move up to quickly. 

The best ive heard of, Im sure tintin said somewhere he did a +750 month while on a heater. 
  • edited February 2013
    ive done it numerous times and don is correct with my best month on a heater. over a 9 month period i was averaging about £330-£350 profit per per month at nl4. i did a diary at one point last year documenting my progress over a month, think i called it beating the unbeatable, and im sure i got to around £300 up in 3 weeks

i remember once seeing a player sat with a stack of £90+ on a nl4 table and it wasnt part of some forum game or when the high rollers had a crazy game either at omaha nl4. now that takes some doing
  • edited February 2013
    idk how you make money at nl4 they play so bad that you cant put them on a hand
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £250 a month at 4nl:
    idk how you make money at nl4 they play so bad that you cant put them on a hand
    Posted by loololollo
    By being patient and adapting I guess.

Bet your strong hands for value strongly, until given a good reason to fold (i.e a passive rec. player raises)

No bluffing allowed either
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £250 a month at 4nl : By being patient and adapting I guess. Bet your strong hands for value strongly, until given a good reason to fold (i.e a passive rec. player raises) No bluffing allowed either
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    nl4 just brings me fustration lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £250 a month at 4nl : nl4 just brings me fustration lol
    Posted by loololollo
    Same here, i admire people like TINTIN, could never ever do it myself. Just don't have the patience, and i like to bluff too much lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £250 a month at 4nl : Same here, i admire people like TINTIN, could never ever do it myself. Just don't have the patience, and i like to bluff too much lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    do you have to play a tight range at nl4
  • edited February 2013
    Basically, play a very tight range, probably roughly 10% of hands. All PPs, big aces, suited broadway cards. Bet big pre-flop cos you will get called by worse, bet big post flop when you've got it, don't bluff when you haven't, learn what flops are good to c-bet and job is a good 'un. You'll make money.
  • edited February 2013
    Basically, play a very tight range, probably roughly 10% of hands. All PPs, big aces, suited broadway cards. Bet big pre-flop cos you will get called by worse, bet big post flop when you've got it, don't bluff when you haven't, learn what flops are good to c-bet and job is a good 'un. You'll make money.
    Posted by Lambert180
    fair enough
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £250 a month at 4nl : fair enough
    Posted by loololollo
    if you can search for "dohhhhs guide to NL4" in the clinic. Best infortmation avalible imo 
  • edited February 2013
    Gives me a little target, should be 6 tabling soonish.

£300 a month would be a nice little extra income
  • edited February 2013
    Bear in mind that TinTin is...

1) A very strong player

2) A robot, he obviously can't eat or sleep with the volume he puts in sometimes ;)

Not everyone will be able to jump in and get the same results as him. You said in the OP you play evenings and weekends, I'm sure TinTin can give you more info but I'm sure when he was getting them results he was playing like 10 hours per day most days.
  • edited February 2013
    Bear in mind that TinTin is... 1) A very strong player 2) A robot, he obviously can't eat or sleep with the volume he puts in sometimes ;) Not everyone will be able to jump in and get the same results as him. You said in the OP you play evenings and weekends, I'm sure TinTin can give you more info but I'm sure when he was getting them results he was playing like 10 hours per day most days.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeah back when i played nl4 you would rarely see a table without him on it. And if you found one where he wasnt, chances where it wasnt great value anyways
  • edited February 2013
  • _G__G_
    edited February 2013
    Learnt a lot by playing and watching tittin, trying to do similar but not as many tables, agree with lambert 180, don't play every hand keep your range tight, play about 10% and watch what others are doing, i am no expert but i am learning,

Glen
  • edited February 2013
    Just open shove AJ+ and 10s plus and set mine 2s>9s. and ull make 10k a month on 4nl
  • edited February 2013
    well £250 is what like 60 buy ins? most ive made in 1 month at my level is pretty much 60 buy ins, so it's definitely possible, and even more so at 4nl, but in that month i put in about 90k hands so youll have to multi table quite a lot and play a lot
  • edited February 2013
    "Just open shove AJ+ and 10s plus"

Please say thats a joke lol.

£750 a month, you must have been online pretty much all day, great result though.
  • edited February 2013
    "Just open shove AJ+ and 10s plus" Please say thats a joke lol. £750 a month, you must have been online pretty much all day, great result though.
    Posted by calcalfold
    as said that was a one off, a "normal" month would be in the 75-100 buyin range at the time. i dont remember too much of the details about it now but i do remember i done a fair bit of damage over one weekend. between the fridaay and the sunday night i was up close to 60 buyins. everything was just holding and i had also run into my favourite fish, who liked to go allin pre every hand for stacks, the rest of the month wasnt too spectaclur just lots of 6, 7,8 buyin days.

it did feel as tho i was online all the time but i only ever played 10-11 hours. i did eat and sleep however much Lambert likes to think i didnt lol
  • edited February 2013
    I've had a couple of months in excess of £250, but for the hours & number of tables you're likely to play, probably tough to do on a consistent basis.
    I work too (should be there now - but self employed plumber - you know what they're like!) so can't put in the hours that TINTIN does, and I average around £160 per month over last 14 months. Some of that was 2 tabling but mostly 4/6 tables.
    Currently 9 tabling although I don't think thats optimal for me as I am old !! & I miss loads of reads on players resulting in a few bad calls. Might reduce & upgrade some notes on players.
    Also you will get months where you run bad & start having doubts about your game, the RNG, the Poker Gods etc.
    Last month I made £40 & ran like Pistorius without his blades but at least I made another £45 from C4P & the other cash promotion.
    GL @ the tables.
  • edited February 2013

right name for a plumber
  • edited February 2013
                                            right name for a plumber
    Posted by thejudge10
    Not sure what you're inferring ; />)

Plumbers have to posses technical knowhow, an aesthetic eye, finesse.... oh & wellies.