You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30k Elininator

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
New idea by sky enter and you get no prizes???????? I know something has gone wrong with this torny but as the first response back from sky was someone will contact me on monday not too much good for a MTT that runs on Sunday

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to 30k Elininator:
    New idea by sky ent er and you get no prizes???????? I know something has gone wrong with this torny but as the first response back from sky was someone will contact me on monday not too much good for a MTT that runs on Sunday
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I take it you mean the eliminator where half field go through, with the eventual winner getting seat in Sundays Super roller, i guess giving you an answer on Monday wont be a good result then........
  • edited February 2013
    Thats the one half the field get nothing so do the other half lol
  • edited February 2013
    does this mean we just get entered direct into the 30k for the hassle.. i think we should if im honest..
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 30k Elininator:
    does this mean we just get entered direct into the 30k for the hassle.. i think we should if im honest..
    Posted by Tings89
    Yeah and pigs might fly lol.
  • edited February 2013
    To be fair they may come back on tuesaday and say you have entry to the 2012 santa freeroll
  • edited February 2013
    haha well its worth asking/nagging.. i was just told the same 'its a problem and will be contacted on monday'. I said well the tournaments sunday, and i got the reply of well they'll contact you monday. I refuse to go around in circles.. 30k free seaaaat FTW!!
  • edited February 2013
    plus i think i speak for us all when i say its not whats gone wrong thats the problem.. its the 1quid we've all lost :'( lol

• edited February 2013
    I think maybe someone offical from sky should reply to this thread as telling your customers you will contact them after the Torny has been and gone shows a total lack of respect for your LOYAL customers.

I was told over hour ago that someone in Priorty will come back as they are on lunch at 3.30pm??????????????????
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys,

Apologies for this, we've had a few issues with this today.

EVERYONE who played in the first two tournaments today have now been entered into the next one at 5pm tonight.

Then, as advertised, half of that field will be in the final at 6pm which will pay out as usual.

Really sorry about this guys, hopefully this will help you out.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2013
    Ty Jordan

Can it please be brought up at your next meeting at sky dont tell your customers you will come back to them after the torny has run as you can understand it is very unproffessional and a way to gtn to get your customers upset!
  • edited February 2013
    Also this no logic the 5pm is the same entry fee as level 1 so we now have to play leg 4 for what reason?

There was no reason in this format to play leg 1 so any player that played earlier and qualified did it for no reason or advantage
  • edited February 2013
    Ty Jordan Can it please be brought up at your next meeting at sky dont tell your customers you will come back to them after the torny has run as you can understand it is very unproffessional and a way to gtn to get your customers upset!
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

I've sorted the tournies in the best way possible so thought I would let everyone know.

I think replying to the post is the best way to let everyone know.
  • edited February 2013
    Also this no logic the 5pm is the same en try fee as level 1 so we now hav e to play leg 4 for what reason ? There was no reason in this format to play le g 1 so any player that played earlier and qualified did it for no reason or advantage
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    This was the best way to resolve it without people losing out on the £1.10 entry fee.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience, it should all be in order going forward.
  • edited February 2013
    I think he's saying stage 3 (for example) = £1

stage 4 (for example) = £1

So why would anyone bother playing stage 3. I paid no attention to the tournies so dunno if this is correct but I thin that's what he means.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 30k Elininator : Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I've sorted the tournies in the best way possible so thought I would let everyone know. I think replying to the post is the best way to let everyone know.
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Jordan,

Its very simple numerous of us contacted sky by phone and were told "you will be contacted on Monday with the answer to the problem" i.e. the first contact with sky is we tell you once its over .

Yes you sorted this because I started a thread for being upset that someone will contact me on monday after the 30k has happened bit like a bookie saying I know there a problem with your bet we come back to you after the Grand National has run
  • edited February 2013
    Also just made it through to 6pm at moment shows 1st prize £12 and even if this does enter the main lobby guess what we now done 2 legs for no reason as the entry fee shows you guessed it same price as leg 1.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2013
    what about the players that played earlier and wasnt around for the repeat game that they didnt know about? Are they getting refunded or just losing out? and its not in the lobby the 6pm one.. aaaand i got sucked out on 2nd time round so that means ive pretty much wasted my time.. fun days lol
  • edited February 2013

LOL...and it is starting at 5.30. I was going to enter but carnt.

......look at what you could of won!

Bit like giving the winners on bullseye a speed boat when they live in Birmingham.

*edit - reg has just opened for it. Does start at 6pm. Bargain for a quid! 
    Cheers for the thread Jason :)
  • edited February 2013

Maybe a stooopid question, but why is this called the 30K eliminator??

Prize pool is ATM £40. only the £29,960 difference then :)

• edited February 2013
    £1 to win a seat into £1 mtt. sigh wp sky you got me. 

although i came 30th sickest bubble ever :@ 

30th Entry to £30k Eliminator31st £28
  • edited February 2013
    Maybe a stooopid question, but why is this called the 30K eliminator?? Prize pool is ATM £40. only the £29,960 difference then :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good overlay then... right? :/

I'm signed up to the 6pm one but it looks just like a standard £1 MTT with standard payout, so not sure why the 30k or the eliminator... but then I am a dumb@ss, so its probably just me...
  • edited February 2013
    So what's going on then? lol

Thought I'd bundle into the 6pm game, any one have any idea what's going on?
  • edited February 2013
    Prizepool was like £60. Ive busted. Dont care. 

Epic fail at this sky. Wont be playing it again. 

If i pay a quid and go through stage one, riding huge variance i dont expect Lambert180 can buy into the next stage for a quid. (no offence lambert) 

Not only that but when im told something is a 30k prizepool, with 4 stages i expect it to be exactly that 4 stages then play for a 30k prizepool. Not 2 stages then a £40 prizepool. 

Seriously!!!! 
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah no offence taken at all Donald. It was short lived anyway lol. Doubled to 2k with AA v 88, but then it was 50/100 so 3bet jammed K9s into AQs of the same suit, made my straight but we both made our flush, gg.

Tbf though, there isn't that much variance in them, they did this yesterday, first one I got through by playing abuot 2 hands, second one I got through by playing 1 hand, 3rd one I wasn't available to play and finished like 2 off the seats without even being there lol. Just like the survivor, you can get through by barely playing a hand just cos so many don't understand satellites.
  • edited February 2013
    Actually +1 to Sky, awesome tournament...

Now, when do I get my £30k?

:)
  • edited February 2013

No complaints here :)   

shakinaces600001£18MAXALLY02£12Caz8103£8.40JIBSY2404£6torryboy05£4.80Bigkev98706£4.200utlawz07£3.60alex71608£3Brooksy00709
  • edited February 2013
    No complaints here :)    shakinaces 60000 1 £18 MAXALLY 0 2 £12 Caz81 0 3 £8.40 JIBSY24 0 4 £6 torryboy 0 5 £4.80 Bigkev987 0 6 £4.20 0utlawz 0 7 £3.60 alex716 0 8 £3 Brooksy007 0 9
    Posted by MAXALLY
    so u dont want to find out where the other £11,988 is? 
  • edited February 2013
    Finished 5th in this, had to go through 2 rounds eliminating 50% of the field each time.  ended up playing for the cash which was £60 in the third round therefore playing for our original stake as there were 60 entered.

Where did the players that were eliminated in the first two rounds money go? 

Why set out rules which stated 4 rounds?

Who decided to call it 30k?

A very confused Torryboy.
  • edited February 2013

We'll look into this.
  • edited March 2013
    Hey everyone,

There will be an exclusive £50 Freeroll at 8pm tonight, for everybody who was effected by this eliminator last week.

The freeroll will be private, and only the names of players that attempted to play in this tournament (£30k Eliminator) will be allowed to enter.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck at the tables.

Joe