You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Strategy/Etiquette

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I'm a new player and recently attracted quite a few "pelters" during a DYM.  Mainly for "shoving at the big stacks".  I was 3rd out of 4 players at the time and bleeding chips on the blinds with the 4th placed player attacking the blinds. It looked like it was only a matter of time before I was overhauled and vulnerable so it made sense to me to be aggressive when I had something to play with.  I did get lucky when one of my all-ins was called but everyone's entitled to hit a draw once in a while.  Don't quite get the abuse - any ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    ignore the abuse, you can even turn off the chat box so you don't have to see it, i'm in miniview alot but when i play in normal view i get abuse often and tend to get dragged into it and it can affect how i play the game. If you are playing alot of dyms go into the skypoker school and find the john connor abc guide to dyms, that will be very helpful, everyone gets lucky in poker at times it's the nature of the game don't worry about what other people are doing and just play your game the way you want too.
  • edited February 2013
    You're playing your own game with your own money, so no-one has the right to have a go at you.

If you play badly (I'm not saying you did) that's no excuse, you can do what you like with your own chips. Generally it's the bad players who start having a go at other's play.

I play on another site in SnGs with Turbo structures and it's crazy how often (probably 50%+) that I get abuse for jamming all the time and 'ruining the game' when actually it's just because they don't know what to do to combat it.
  • edited February 2013
    As Lambert says its your own money you can play however you want. From the information you gave its hard to judge whether you were employing good strategy or not but what I would say is that shoving in the latter stages of dym's to steal blinds is very common and part of even the best players strategies.

The other point of course is that if a player thinks your making bad moves or playing badly-he shouldn't tell you because if his strategy is so much better than yours he should make money playing you more often than not.

In poker, like anything, there's good and bad winners and losers and you will run into people who get annoyed when you beat them and take their money. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I sometimes fall into the wrong category here and on occasion will throw the toys out of the pram. I play a lot of dym's too so if we ever run into me and I have a go just ignore me it's just my inner 6 year old throwing a tantrum i'll soon get over it and its nothing personal.
  • edited February 2013
    There are times in a dym where you have to shove with any 2 cards. Because when the blinds get so high the point of the game becomes trying to steal the blinds basically.
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback and advice - much appreciated

• edited August 2013
    Jdallstar is bang on the money here - play how YOU want to play, enjoy the game, and ignore any unwanted chat that comes your way.

Like JD, i too can be an angry moo, it happens in online poker, just try to ignore it (and me!). 

See you at the tables, good luck x