You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 on a table of limpers and callers

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I regularly seem to tie myself in knots when I'm at the sort of table where I regularly see everyone at the table limping to see the flop - it makes me throw in raises that my nitty nature would probably steer away from under normal circumstances, should I just be playing far tighter on these sort of tables, but throwing in big raises when I do come into a pot (with premium cards)?

Once I'm getting stationed off (I assume, obv up to the river), should I be betting top pair/weakish kicker?

Is my turn bet size OK if I'm reading the hand as getting value from the top pair?

Then the river, still my biggest problem in poker - I sized bet based on villains stack size, assuming that I'd get a little value out of smaller pairs or weaker queens - but such that if he goes over the top of me I can fold (which I don't think I can if I bet 1/2 pot or more on the end)... should I have taken a different route here?  And if villain does go all in, is it an instafold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SB
Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £3.62
BB Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.66
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

UTG Call   £0.10 £0.25 £12.57
shakinaces Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £10.52
villain Call   £0.40 £1.05 £6.70
SB Fold        
BB Fold