You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was i meant to go broke here?

How can," I was meant to go broke here" be a question?
Do you mean ,"Was I meant to go broke here"?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    gezzieSmall blind 40.0040.002575.00
    kulazBig blind 80.00120.003482.50
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

mechanikCall 80.00200.004237.50
    MrCraigFold    
    loolololloRaise 300.00500.002445.00
    REDARROW61Fold    
    gezzieFold    
    kulazCall 220.00720.003262.50
    mechanikCall 220.00940.004017.50
    Flop

• A

kulazCheck    
    mechanikCheck    
    loolololloCheck    
    Turn

kulazCheck    
    mechanikBet 240.001180.003777.50
    loolololloRaise 800.001980.001645.00
    kulazCall 800.002780.002462.50
    mechanikFold    
    River

kulazCheck    
    loolololloAll-in 1645.004425.000.00
    kulazCall 1645.006070.00817.50
    kulazShow

loolololloShow
    • A
    • K

kulazWinThree 10s6070.00 6887.50
  • edited February 2013
    Yeh, bet the flop, and hope to get it in v 1 oppo. 

Sha t urself if there's loads of action, but, plz bet the flop!!!!!

Checking back HU wudnt be THAT bad against bad players.

bet bet bet
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: i was meant to go broke here?:
    Yeh, bet the flop, and hope to get it in v 1 oppo.  Sha t urself if there's loads of action, but, plz bet the flop!!!!! Checking back HU wudnt be THAT bad against bad players. bet bet bet
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    board was pretty dead so i thought i would give off a free card ?
  • edited February 2013
    How can," I was meant to go broke here" be a question? Do you mean ,"Was I meant to go broke here"?
    Posted by jonjo75
    yeah should i of just checked river back
  • edited February 2013
    I'm always value betting the river here as your hand is super disguised and he has checked to you. But yeah i think i would probably be going broke here on this board but i'd of probably bet flop, bet turn, shoved river then laughed when i saw the the set.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm always value betting the river here as your hand is super disguised and he has checked to you. But yeah i think i would probably be going broke here on this board but i'd of probably bet flop, bet turn, shoved river then laughed when i saw the the set.
    Posted by benc
    i didnt exactly laugh but yeah
  • edited February 2013
    How on earth can you not bet this flop?!

That is all.
  • edited February 2013
    i cant believe youve checked the flop lol
  • edited February 2013
    board was dry so i didnt mind giving a free card and it also means they're going to lead out w/ ace on the turn which i can come OTT i dont usually check the flop though
  • edited February 2013
    There also going to call flop with any A. Its dangerus trapping a fish/limp caller. You get value from QK JQ and A and 10x
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: was i meant to go broke here?:
    There also going to call flop with any A. Its dangerus trapping a fish/limp caller. You get value from QK JQ and A and 10x
    Posted by RyanC7
    i thought i would fold guy shots betting here and also 10x might fold aswell since it seems likely i have an ace due to pre flop aggr so i was trying to represent a pp instead such as KK or QQ so a-x thought they were ahead
  • edited February 2013
    1) You're losing loads of value

2) would you 'give them a free card' if you had KQ, no you'd c-bet and try to take it down now.

Free chance for them to outdraw you and lost opportunity to get value from tons of hands
  • edited February 2013
    If you lay a trap on a super dry board like this... don't raise the turn and basically ruin it. You're wanting opponent to believe that you don't have that A, and hence bet the turn/river with like 99/JJ/QQ, JT-KT.

• edited February 2013
    once you check bk the flop youve massively under repped your hnd so villlain could easily do this with aq
  • edited February 2013
    yeah i'm betting the flop here too.

not simply because you have it and you want to get value but also from the point of view of future hands. the next time you raise you might not have such a big ace but you might want to represent that you do. say for instance you have a go at a pot with KQ and miss the flop but the ace hits the flop - if you raise the flop will the other guy believe you given that you checked a flop with ak in a previous hand?

That's obviously assuming you checked the river in the hand above and everyone saw your AK.

I also dont think this is a totally dry board - i dont want to give KQ, KJ, QJ, X 10, or any pocket pair a free card. Given how both called the raise preflop and then checked the flop these type of hands are likely.

I also think I would of checked the river here, that pot would have made you slight chip leader. Although I easily may have shoved too depending on what type of tournament it was.
  • edited February 2013
    bad line to take. I'm all for alternative lines, but this is just a standard cbet getting value from all Ax combos and 10x probably, and even some JQ/QK hands that wanna make the guttyshotty
  • edited February 2013
    if you are checking back the flop then i would just call the turn
  • edited February 2013
    I think you're supposed to be making your hand appear weaker than what it is, not the other way round. Check flop, then raise blank turn is pretty much always "i have a monster".
  • edited February 2013
    ya flat turn - leaves you about pot size for river

if you do raise turn, don't make it so much

wp da set )