You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ to a 4bet shove in the roller.. thoughts please?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I have posted this already in my diary but i'm sure more people will see it in the clinic and i welcome all comments and opinions- still not sure if it was the right decision.

Villain instashoves after my 3bet, like barely a second and his stack was in the middle, which when taking into acount a utg open and then a big 3bet you would think is very strong - however im well aware that quick actions are not meant to be a sign of strength, he also typed in the chatbox that he felt i was putting in the steal so he shoved a "decent pair" although refused to say what he had, wasn't sure what to make of that tbh, a bit of levelling?. He had lost a biggish pot a little while before but i didn't notice him doing anything silly in the previous hands that might suggest he was tilting, also my table image was not very aggressive, i hadn't 3bet once and had not been caught making any moves, all my hands that had got to showdown had been good. I figured that i might be good, but i had a very good stack and didn't need to risk my whole tournanment on a marginal decision. I'm not an experienced MTT player and had no previous history with the villain, also table seemed quite soft so folding and picking better spots seemed like a good decision at the time.
yoji Small blind   100.00 100.00 9800.00
I_Hustle Big blind   200.00 300.00 7960.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

jamest6 Raise   400.00 700.00 11192.50
Oban Call   400.00 1100.00 5475.00
benc Raise   1400.00 2500.00 11915.00
jx All-in   11157.50 13657.50 0.00
yoji Fold        
I_Hustle Fold        
jamest6 Fold        
Oban Fold        
benc Fold        
x
Muck    

Comments

• edited February 2013
    bs chatbox. obv has QQ+ AK+. obv cba playing postflop so just thought MEHHHHHHHHHHHH. nice fold imo
  • edited February 2013
    No need to call here.  At best you're flipping.  Fold and leave yourself 60 bb
  • edited February 2013

looks obv he has ov/p,but could be making a play,could be AK tho,jj not a bad hand to get it in with 1 oppo tho.

given that you hav 50 bbs left, think that u have to fold on this occasion.

• edited February 2013
    QQ+ all day unless you really think oppo is capable of shoving 10's to get folds
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, i think the quick all in and chat distracted me from what now on reflection looks like a pretty standard decision in a tournament. I'm used to playing HU and taking alot of notice of timing tells so i think that was the main reason i doubted my fold, as a very quick decision often means not that strong, if he tanks a little then shoves it seems alot stronger, so i was thinking alot of lower pairs which he was willing to gamble with or a flip, but if i shouldn't be taking flips at this stage in the tournament i'm comfortable with my decision to fold.
  • edited February 2013
    AK. Call if you think taking a flip for a stack will give you a better chance of winning the tournament than waiting for a better spot. Dont think he ever has KK/AA. Bad players do this with lower pairs aswell and obv he isnt that great