You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
I need to make 3300 c4p to make priority for the first time.

Could someone tell me, if possible, what combination of hours+tables+hands etc I would need to achieve this at levels:

20nl
30nl
50nl
100nl

Cheers

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Very hard to work out now that it's based on rake paid as appose to hands played.

I will say that it's verging towards not possible @ 20NL in 3 days unless you play like a proper sicko, so I imagine it'll probably be realtively tough going @30NL too.

I can't speak for 50NL+
  • edited February 2013
    During the cash champ promotion, I was making close to 500 points a day at NL10, just 4-6tabling for 4-5 hours. If you can play more hours than that at NL20, it should be possible. However I was playing a very wide range and 3-betting and 4-betting alot. I probably played two or three times more hands than my opponents so if you want to do it at Nl20, you'll probably have to be a bit of a maniac.

Remember it's 6 points for every £1 you pay in rake so increasing the number of tables won't help you if you also tighten up your range too much. If you want to grind points, I'm told DYM's are really good for it. You get 10 points per £1 in fees in MTT's and SNG's, and the variance is pretty low, so maybe throw some DYM's in there.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Priority is really worth the effort of chasing. Others might have more to say about that.
  • edited February 2013
    I make over 1000 c4p a day at 20nl.  Usually 8-12 tables for 8-10 hours.
  • edited February 2013
    But like Loner say's it's not worth scraping into priority.  I think you need to hit at least 20k c4p to make it worthwhile.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority:
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hang on a minute. Just trying to process this. You get 30k C4p a month on here? £1500 from 20nl lol. Ive played you quite a bit before and you are 100% a consitent winner at this level. I wondered why you dont move up levels if im honest. But if your clearing £2-3k a month fair play.
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Better edit my notes lol. "nit reg" haha
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Better edit my notes lol. "nit reg" haha
    Posted by RyanC7
    You don't have that note on him yet?!

It's all my notes say ;) lol
  • edited February 2013
    He flats with Js pre!! haha. Clearly a boss tho
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Hang on a minute. Just trying to process this. You get 30k C4p a month on here? £1500 from 20nl lol. Ive played you quite a bit before and you are 100% a consitent winner at this level. I wondered why you dont move up levels if im honest. But if your clearing £2-3k a month fair play.
    Posted by RyanC7

Yep thats's correct.  Managed to clear 4k last month but was helped out abit by cash champ.

• edited February 2013
    He flats with Js pre!! haha. Clearly a boss tho
    Posted by RyanC7
    lol Nice to know you think I flat with JJ everytime hahahahahaha
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : You don't have that note on him yet?! It's all my notes say ;) lol
    Posted by Lambert180

I won't post my notes on you Lambert.  Don't want to offend you.  I'm not really one for confrontation.

GL

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : I won't post my notes on you Lambert.  Don't want to offend you.  I'm not really one for confrontation. GL
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Probably something like 'spewtard' ? :)

I hope you realise I was only jokin mate
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Probably something like 'spewtard' ? :) I hope you realise I was only jokin mate
    Posted by Lambert180
    I don't take offence and I'm not a keyboard warrior so feel free to say what you like. 
  • edited February 2013
    Ryan I came on here to try and offer you help.  
  • edited February 2013
    I was completely joking mate. If youve taken it as offence I a appologise. As i said "clearly a boss". Just harmless banter mate. You shouldnt take it to heart when your making 4k a month at 20nl lol. Check your inbox lol. 
  • edited February 2013
    You made 4k last month playing nl20? thats immense... teach me lol
  • edited February 2013
    You made 4k last month playing nl20? thats immense... teach me lol
    Posted by benc
    Your doing just fine benc.  Keep up the good work and the diary ;-)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Your doing just fine benc.  Keep up the good work and the diary ;-)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    good going DTM thats amazing from 20nl I knew you were a solid winning player but no idea thats hoiw good you were doing.

I was thinking of putting hours in next month try get priority but you say not really worth it unless you aim for 20k is that right?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : good going DTM thats amazing from 20nl I knew you were a solid winning player but no idea thats hoiw good you were doing. I was thinking of putting hours in next month try get priority but you say not really worth it unless you aim for 20k is that right?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hi Liam.  Yea, last month was great.  This month not so great.  £600 up but will be fine with c4p.

In regards to priority.  The first 10k points you get £280.  For points 10k - 20k you get £520.  Points 20k - 30k you get £760.  The only benefits to scraping 10k points and priority are the two freeroll tournaments which are tough and are full of the players that play the most and the prizepools aren't great.  You also get your c4p bonus on the 1st business day after month end.

I'd suggest if going for priority, give yourself a month at it when you don't have alot on and try and hit 20k.  That will get you £800.

All the best with whatever you decide!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Hi Liam.  Yea, last month was great.  This month not so great.  £600 up but will be fine with c4p. In regards to priority.  The first 10k points you get £280.  For points 10k - 20k you get £520.  Points 20k - 30k you get £760.  The only benefits to scraping 10k points and priority are the two freeroll tournaments which are tough and are full of the players that play the most and the prizepools aren't great.  You also get your c4p bonus on the 1st business day after month end. I'd suggest if going for priority, give yourself a month at it when you don't have alot on and try and hit 20k.  That will get you £800. All the best with whatever you decide!
    Posted by Donttelmum

Ive played you a few times mate and imo your def one of the best at 20nl/30nl.

4k in a month is awesome at those levels WD and GL

Daz
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Hi Liam.  Yea, last month was great.  This month not so great.  £600 up but will be fine with c4p. In regards to priority.  The first 10k points you get £280.  For points 10k - 20k you get £520.  Points 20k - 30k you get £760.  The only benefits to scraping 10k points and priority are the two freeroll tournaments which are tough and are full of the players that play the most and the prizepools aren't great.  You also get your c4p bonus on the 1st business day after month end. I'd suggest if going for priority, give yourself a month at it when you don't have alot on and try and hit 20k.  That will get you £800. All the best with whatever you decide!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    defo thinking off giving it a shot next month thanks for the advice DTM and gl at the tables
  • edited February 2013
    Just to ask wouldn't be worth playing 30nl, if u going to join priority as u get more points? 

also 2k from rake back nice. That like 100buyins (just if u breakeven for the month).

• edited February 2013
    Don't knock the mum ) rakeback pro_

Even gives me thoughts of giving up my job and grinding pokers - I think I would kill myself within a week )

Don't know how you guys get through the boredom of 8-10 hours pokers - it's such a solitary excistence...........

• edited February 2013
    On average how many hours do you play a week?  I struggle to play over 30 lol :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I've played a decent amount with DTM and he's one of the worst regs I've ever played with. The 4k figure will be massively exaggerated, I'd expect his c4ps to get him out of it every month. 
    Posted by stfc_1953

ok  share with us...

How much per month do you rake in ??
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : ok  share with us... How much per month do you rake in ??
    Posted by FINS

His previous 2 posts were about playing 4nl and 10nl ( which he said he had been playing quite alot of recently ) so im guessing the old green eyed monster is showing its face :)

But to be honest even if he was crushing the highest limits i would give more respect to DTM because he came on this thread to offer help to someone and not to try and bring someone down.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority : Ive played you a few times mate and imo your def one of the best at 20nl/30nl. 4k in a month is awesome at those levels WD and GL Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Hi Arazi,

Thank you for the kind words sir.  Alot of doubters/haters on here but what can you do.  I'm going to try and get someone from sky to help me prove it.

Cheers buddy and gl at the tables.
  • edited February 2013
    Just to ask wouldn't be worth playing 30nl, if u going to join priority as u get more points?  also 2k from rake back nice. That like 100buyins (just if u breakeven for the month).     
    Posted by D_Legend
    Hi Legend,  I do play a very small amount of 30nl when the tables get quiet late at night.  Just feel I have a goof feel for the players at 20nl now and it's been going well lately so I'm just plodding along.  I lost a very big pot playing 10/20 4 years ago and ever since then I've been reluctant to play high stakes.

Gl to you sir.
  • edited February 2013
    Don't knock the mum ) rakeback pro_ Even gives me thoughts of giving up my job and grinding pokers - I think I would kill myself within a week ) Don't know how you guys get through the boredom of 8-10 hours pokers - it's such a solitary excistence...........
    Posted by rancid

Thanks rancid.  

I've been doing well lately but I still regret giving up my job nearly 8 years ago now.  So many events that should have been happy occassions have been spoilt by poker.  Not to mention my constant battle to stay fit and get to the gym when I'm sitting in this chair at least 10 hours a day.  Let so many friendships deteriate and feel I've become pretty unsociable but hey ho I can get up at midday and go on holiday when I like.

You know your game is easily good enough but don't get stuck in a whole like me with a cv that looks like a blank piece of A4 with my name on top.

Best of luck buddy (you don't need it)

• edited February 2013
    On average how many hours do you play a week?  I struggle to play over 30 lol :-)
    Posted by DeuceAK_47

Hmm 70-100.  I like to hit my targets.  30's not to bad at all!