You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can someone explain the TV games please?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys , im new to the site , can you explain how the tv games work please 

i see tonight there is a £33 5k turbo open , does this go out live {with delay} or is just the final table ? on a certain sky channel , if so which one ? 

or does if get shown on a later date just recorded ?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to can someone explain the TV games please?:
    hi guys , im new to the site , can you explain how the tv games work please  i see tonight there is a £33 5k turbo open , does this go out live {with delay} or is just the final table ? on a certain sky channel , if so which one ?  or does if get shown on a later date just recorded ?
    Posted by TheRevenge
    just noticed i have posted this in totally the wrong place , sorry !!
  • edited February 2013
    hi revenge welcome to the site buddy

yeah it will be aired on channel 861 they will do a live show analysing hands etc but the hands shown on tv were played online I think like 15mins before not 100% but it`s something like that
  • edited February 2013
    the 8pm main and 8:15pm mini events always carry the tv icon each night even tho theres only live shows on a tuesday, thursday and sunday. these live shows dont tend to follow the tourney throughout the broadcast but will dip in and out of them over the evening.

there are other tourneys that will carry the tv icon, this is to stipulate that when you enter these tourneys that your hand could be shown on tv at anytime. some cash tables also carry the icon for this purpose. during an evenings broadcast the the show is split into sections like the poker school or poker clinic where they will ask players to send in hand IDs from these specified cash tables or tourneys for analysis by the studio experts. so even tho a tourney you play in with the tv icon might not be broadcast that night you can still send in hand IDs to a live show for discussion.

tonight for example because the main event is a turbo format it will be over before the show ends so they will likely spend an hour following the tail end of the tourney with a short delay. they always ask for players hand Ids from this to show if you are an involved in an interesting hand.

the show is shown on sky channel 861 but if you dont  have that then you can stream the shows from the site, just click on the sky poker tv tab.

theres also a show thread over in the poker chat section if you want details on tonights show itself.

hope thiis helps