You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Run bad

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Warning! im going to whine abit tell me to man up and stop complaining if this is the case it maybe what i need.

Im fairly good at dealing with a downswing when it is spread over the course of a few days a week the most i have expierenced is a month and managed to get through it. This year however i started with a modest role of £600 playing mainly nl20 Jan and feb have followed the same pattern so far of grinding through the month gaining 10-15 BIs happy days geting the hang of this...then losing is all and then some within 2x 1hour sessions reviewing hand histories and its all coolers Badbeats and only 1.5BIs of spew. Does this happen to most people? Find it extremly disheartening for it to happen in such a short space of time

Comments

• edited February 2013
    hi m8 don`t know if this will help but I keep track of my hours,days,limit.profit/loss etc each month and so far this month i`ve played 13 days and 9 of them are winning days but this week I had my biggest winning and losing days which was really swingy and got me down a bit but I just got on with it these things happen and just tried to keep doing the right things and things will be fine.Also played with you a bit and your a good solid player I wouldn`t worry or let get you down if I was you.

also regarding only 1.5bi`s spew I must spew and bluff off at least 2/3bi`s a day and some how end up having a winning day most of time lol.

gl at tables

• edited February 2013
    Take a break for a few days mate.

Come back feeling more positive because confidence is everything in this game and because of your downswing at the mo yours seems totally shot.

GL when you come back and im certain you will be ok because your def a winning player.

If you dont want to take a break just try picking your cash tables better because playing v less experianced players will also lift your confidence as you get a few winning sessions in.

DAZ
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Run bad:
    Warning! im going to whine abit tell me to man up and stop complaining if this is the case it maybe what i need. Im fairly good at dealing with a downswing when it is spread over the course of a few days a week the most i have expierenced is a month and managed to get through it. This year however i started with a modest role of £600 playing mainly nl20 Jan and feb have followed the same pattern so far of grinding through the month gaining 10-15 BIs happy days geting the hang of this...then losing is all and then some within 2x 1hour sessions reviewing hand histories and its all coolers Badbeats and only 1.5BIs of spew. Does this happen to most people? Find it extremly disheartening for it to happen in such a short space of time
    Posted by jams88
    Hi Jams

Yes, is the answer, we do all run bad at times although i know that when it's happening to you it is little consolation.
    I hardly practise what i preach but i remember being told once that having a daily stop loss  is essential.
    I think the problem can often be that when we can't get our hands to hold, or ever make our flush, straight etc we stop playing optimally and lose more than we normally would.
    I think if we step away and look objectively at a session we will often see this but at the time it's just very difficult.

Just have a break, refresh and come back later. Theres always a game running.
    Good luck
  • edited February 2013
    Took a break for 8hours lost 5BIs in the morning session . Went out forgot about it had a nice day off work with mates came back and repeated my luck. Im used to a having losing sessions ect but usually not such extreme amounts. Oh well goingclimbing tonight so won't be playing again until tomorrow evening hopefully that will help.

I think i might try setting my stop amount at 3BIs a day don't think it was effecting my descions too much but i did find myself 4betting qq from bb (standard) 3 callers then open shoving a 3 spade 10 high flop which im not sure wethere this was correct in the long run or not

EDIT: Also i don't like moaning about bad beats ect really but as i have no friends that really understand poker. Can't line check or talk about stuff except on here so helps sometimes just to be told you are doing things right lol