You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your worst tilt

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
To start it off mine is from when i had first started playing.

Bankroll management was superb and with £500 in my account i loaded up 5 nl100 tables.
As the number of tables reduced i was getting more and more upset.
Finally on my last table open i was all in, can't remember the hands but i got rivered.
Laptop was launched through the open bedroom window. Was a little difficult explaining to girlfriend, now wife, how the laptop had developed a fault.

Most grotesque i ever saw was playing live at Gala.
Chap lost his money, got up, walked around the table and spat in the face of the lad who had won the pot.
Happy days!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Your worst tilt:
    To start it off mine is from when i had first started playing. Bankroll management was superb and with £500 in my account i loaded up 5 nl100 tables. As the number of tables reduced i was getting more and more upset. Finally on my last table open i was all in, can't remember the hands but i got rivered. Laptop was launched through the open bedroom window. Was a little difficult explaining to girlfriend, now wife, how the laptop had developed a fault. Most grotesque i ever saw was playing live at Gala. Chap lost his money, got up, walked around the table and spat in the face of the lad who had won the pot. Happy days!
    Posted by Jac35
    when i play omaha cash so brutal at times, biggest lost 400 in quick time, sign shut the laptop when its to late lol
  • edited February 2013
    To start it off mine is from when i had first started playing. Bankroll management was superb and with £500 in my account i loaded up 5 nl100 tables.
    Pleeeease say that comment is meant to be ironic.

You should play 100nl off a roll of £2.5k ABSOLUTE minimum, ideally £4k
  • edited February 2013
    To start it off mine is from when i had first started playing. Bankroll management was superb and with £500 in my account i loaded up 5 nl100 tables. As the number of tables reduced i was getting more and more upset. Finally on my last table open i was all in, can't remember the hands but i got rivered. Laptop was launched through the open bedroom window. Was a little difficult explaining to girlfriend, now wife, how the laptop had developed a fault. Most grotesque i ever saw was playing live at Gala. Chap lost his money, got up, walked around the table and spat in the face of the lad who had won the pot. Happy days!
    Posted by Jac35
    Good grief!

I was there that night.

Probably best we don't name names, but what a do that was.

I saw a fight there one night, over.....wait for it.

It was Level 5 or 6 in a Tourney, & they were colouring up the 25's. 

There was some dispute on where the Button should be placed for this, & a chap ended up getting nothing for his 1 x 25.

The Blinds were about to go 600-1,200, & the average stack was around 28,000. 

And the guy who felt he had been cheated out of his potential colouring up "bonus" chip (100) started effing & blinding, ended up hitting another player, & got himself banned for life.

What a powerful & negative force these folks with anger management problems, or "tilt" as it is now known, have to deal with. I actually do feel sorry for trhem.

100 chips when the Average was 28,000, & he could not handle the thought that he may have been diddled out of 100 chips, poor soul.   
  • edited February 2013
    Worst Tilt i've ever had?..........................

Very occasionally I blurt out the odd profanity towards my PC Monitor, after that i'm usually back in the driving seat.

I may have lost the odd pot in an MTT or lost a DYM due to frustration but i'm usually quite passive on the tables most of the time.

Personaly I think poker is best played with "few little words"
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Your worst tilt:
    In Response to Your worst tilt : Pleeeease say that comment is meant to be ironic. You should play 100nl off a roll of £2.5k ABSOLUTE minimum, ideally £4k
    Posted by calcalfold
    It was
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by Jac35
    This made me chuckle!

I haven't done anything really bad, just the odd remark sometimes which I quickly regret but hey ho, it's all the heat of the moment. Normally I just sulk around the house and tell the Mrs to tidy and wash up. I usually get told to 'f off' and do it myself which doesn't help.
  • edited February 2013
    What I tend to do is rip my T shirts lol, a bit like Hulk Hogan really. So now I have 'poker t shirts' I wear, that I can afford to rip lol. A bit off topic, but when I was playing football manager once I headbutted the screen and broke it in frustration after conceding 2 late goals in a big game. Zidane style.
  • edited February 2013
    What I tend to do is rip my T shirts lol, a bit like Hulk Hogan really. So now I have 'poker t shirts' I wear, that I can afford to rip lol. A bit off topic, but when I was playing football manager once I headbutted the screen and broke it in frustration after conceding 2 late goals in a big game. Zidane style.
    Posted by ididit14
    That's good
  • edited February 2013
    I've been on permanent tilt since I got married
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    This is what us hubby's call "life tilt"

But my worst tilt is when someone types into the chat box after I stack them either "ty, bye or lol".

Shouldn't annoy me but rudeness does. Get it quietly when I'm a donation station. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Your worst tilt : This is what us hubby's call "life tilt" But my worst tilt is when someone types into the chat box after I stack them either "ty, bye or lol". Shouldn't annoy me but rudeness does. Get it quietly when I'm a donation station. 
    Posted by mewillows
    Massive +1 to this. I know it shouldn't but it's so aggravating.
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Brag post...not only did you find a woman you also found one that would marry you.....some of these internet sites are great aren't they coxy!
  • edited February 2013
    Worst ive done, given i use a desktop throwing it out of thw window isnt as easy. But i had a mouse, a rather good one too. best ive ever used. 

Anyways one day, about 300 bad beats later i no longer had a mouse. 

I miss my mouse. 
  • edited February 2013
    Worst ive done, given i use a desktop throwing it out of thw window isnt as easy. But i had a mouse, a rather good one too. best ive ever used.  Anyways one day, about 300 bad beats later i no longer had a mouse.  I miss my mouse. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Lolz out loud :)
  • edited February 2013
    I don't usually tilt at the tables as such. I'm just generally angry with myself for a certain time period after I have either played bad or lost a key hand when I was dominating. Often in the evenings after I play I have a shower. If I have had a decent evening and made some profit its always a great shower. If I have played bad and had a few sick beats then I'm in there feeling really annoyed and aggressive. A long time ago in Leeds (Gala) playing live I had all my money in on the river in an MTT as a 94% fav, that 6% outer came on the river. I got up chucked my chair to the floor and walked out. I'm not so bad now, I usually expect the worse and it often comes so although I feel angry inside I don't let my feelings known. I tilt more if I know I have really played a hand badly than if I just get a sick outdraw against me. 
  • edited February 2013
    apart from having a big dent in my bedroom wall i dnt tilt much
  • edited February 2013
    We've all had results like that, ridiculous. Would you say losing like that is worse or conceding 2 goals in added time to lose 2-1, I think i'd edge towards the latter. My old laptop thought that luis suarez couldn't score a premier league goal in about 20 appearnces, even though he played every game. Luckily the laptop let the other players score and I was 2nd, so wasn't too bad. Stupid laptop. 

If i had a women in my life my tilt would be extreme.
  • edited February 2013
    Wow, you must have read that in a heartbeat. I thought I'd ninja deleted it. Didn't think it was funny and thought it half implied I might consider violence in other contexts to be acceptable. lol