You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

decision on flop or turn?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
hey guys thought post this hand just wanting some feedback on how I played and see how others would play it differently.

reads on opponent they are defo a winning reg(tight aggro) at these levels played with quite a lot been playing hu for at least 30 mins was tough but sometime but like to challenge myself.defo think opponent is capable of semi-bluffing/bluffing on the flop but did not want to shove flop incase 1 pr/bluffs fold so thought if I call makes my hand look weaker than what it is or look like im drawing to flush, but any thoughts be appreciated to get max value here.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceregSmall blind £0.10£0.10£30.86liamboi11Big blind £0.20£0.30£40.62 Your hole cards44   regRaise £0.70£1.00£30.16liamboi11Call £0.60£1.60£40.02Flop  Q47   liamboi11Check    regBet £1.20£2.80£28.96liamboi11Raise £3.20£6.00£36.82regRaise £6.00£12.00£22.96liamboi11Call £4.00£16.00£32.82Turn  A   

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I play the flop the same, and I'm check/jamming the turn.
  • edited February 2013
    1 st u have to decide are you folding to another  re raise if you lead 0ut (do you think he has flush) ,now A on turn could be a great card for you if he playing A spades and o/s card.

I,m leading out with £8 bet on the turn,if he calls or r/r think he pot stuck,as he only has 1/2 size pot bet left,then im leading out the river to any non spade

It looks a scary board tho,if he c/r the turn , i think i still call his shove.

really depends on your reads of your oppo
  • edited February 2013
    Firstly, a question: Did you consider the 3-bet pre-flop? I'd usually 3-bet this hand (and about 90% of the others, lol) Just interested.

Anyway, if I don't 4-bet jam the flop trying to rep the draw, I'd almost certainly lead this turn. The Ace might scare your opponent into checking back alot of his made hands and draws and it can look as though you're trying to rep the Ace... I suppose his stack makes it tricky to lead the turn and still let him think he has fold equity. Bleurgh. I dunno.

I definitely lead, though. I don't want him checking back on this turn. No free cards.

If he's a thinking player, he's unlikely to 3-bet the flop with air. There's too much chance when you check-raise that you're holding a big spade and are trying to get it in. He's either semi-bluffing a big spade himself or he has a made hand. His sizing is a bit intimidating but he might just not know much about bet sizing, so it's tough to know if that means anything. (Sorry, he's a "winning reg". It probably means something)
  • edited February 2013
    judge10-hey m8 don`t think im ever folding this hand hu only way I fold is is spade comes and opponent bets big.I also agree turn card hits a lot of opponents range imo so i`m quite happy unless they have turned top set with ace spades which would be sick. My reads on opponent they are a tight aggro player but is defo capable of pulling off a few moves.

borinloner-firstly yeah I would 3bet here sometimes but I prefer to just call most of the time for couple of reasons, me and my opponent have not folded to any of our 3bets when we are on the button so I know if I do 3bet and i`m gettin called so i`ve tighten up my 3bet range also if I don`t hit my miracle 4xx flop i`m in tough spot with deep stacks.secondly we are quit deep so don`t mind set mining hoping to bink my set and win a big pot.

also both of you have said lead turn I understand why you`s want to but to me I feel it just looks super strong if I lead turn here after flatting the re re raised bet on flop. also by checking turn I still keep in 1pr/bluffs/draws that may still bet the turn.
  • edited February 2013
    If u know your oppo well enough,and can be sure he,s going to bet ,then the c/shove is fine.
    what we dont want to happen is for our oppo to see a free card.
    If then a spade hits the river that doesn,t pair the board,we could then be in a tricky spot.

Now i know if we lead out and our oppo calls,then the river is a spade,then the result is just the same.

However if we are looking to extract max value,i think we cant rely on our oppo to do our betting for us.

After your c/r and re-raise/c on the flop,i would be cautious,as this play itself represents strength.

so the oppo my want to get to the river cheaply .so he might fold to a bet on the turn,or they might want to have a stab at it,if you chk the turn
    As i said before basically it depends on how well you know your oppo.
    Now by checking the turn  you trying to under represent your hand,but have we gave the game away on the flop.
    personaly if im your oppo,and have 4 to the flush im jamming your c/r on the flop,and if i have a pair im trying to get to the river cheapley.
  • edited February 2013
    raise bigger otf on a monotone board imo, villain is calling us with a Q, and with a K/A spade so we may as well go bigger to get more value and cos of stacks

villains 3bet otf should get the alarm bells going a little, a lot of this comes down to your image. If you're raising enough flops like you should be, then the turn is an easy check/jam, if you're not playing v.well hu then there's no way he should be getting it in lighter than u here imo