You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fao TINTIN

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Hiya,

I was reading your blog that you linked me the other day, when I asked about if people can make £250 at 4nl. I am just wondering why you never kept playing at 10nl? I am hoping to move up soon, but am a bit hesitant as if you did not manage it then I cant see why I would do any better.

Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

best wishes

ccf

Comments

• edited February 2013
    sorry for jumping in here but when tintin played 10nl i`m sure he was winning most of the time but he did go throught a bad spell at one point in his diary but think it was because he was playing too much for a promo sky put on and was playing his a-game but i`m sure he will be bak at 10nl in no time.
  • edited February 2013
    i'll post most of it here but wont go into monetery details too much.

in all i spent about 6 month from june to dec mainly at nl10. started well after afew failed shots before and i was grinding out wins, nothing spectacular like i was doing at nl4 but decent. think it was june when i started and in july i put enough hours in and reached 10k points for the month getting into priority. i won a reasonable amount plus my myc4p bonus but i found my self suffering from burnout. i hadnt heard of it being done at such a low level before so i thought about pushng myself to see if i could get there.

i had to take a week or 2 away but when i played it was solely nl10 and i continued like this for nxt couple of months winning steady amounts. then october hit.

Sky ran a promo, Kings of Cash, basically the top points earners in 3 different brackets (low stakes, mid, high) would win an extra bonus. the promo was right up my street as i knew the hours i was putting in i would be in with a shot of winning. short story is i played too much trying to chase some extra points. the whole month turned into a bit of a nightmare. i posted my first losing month in a year at the tables altho my c4p and the bonus for winning turned it into a healthy month for myself.

november and december seen me tone down my hours and i was mixing nl4 and nl10 gradually getting some wins back but then its xmas. ive been out of work for a while now and i was unable to secure work for the xmas period so had to rely on what i had built up in my account to see me thru so a withdrew a large chunk and left maself the minimum to try and rebuild.

i admit this year hasnt been the best and im looking to move back up, its easier said than done because of my situation i withdraw mney monthly just as a little help, but i will be back just cant put a time on it but i know what kinda bankroll im aiming for to get there
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for the comments, does serve to give me some hope.

Just such a bankroll nit that I would rather take a safe £150-£225 a month at 4nl than risk failed shots at 10nl.

Will just have to put aside £50 at some point as "10nl shot money" and see what comes from it. Just £50 takes a good few days for me to make as I only play evenings, and that same money could be lost in one bad 10nl session.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Fao TINTIN:
    Thanks for the comments, does serve to give me some hope. Just such a bankroll nit that I would rather take a safe £150-£225 a month at 4nl than risk failed shots at 10nl. Will just have to put aside £50 at some point as "10nl shot money" and see what comes from it. Just £50 takes a good few days for me to make as I only play evenings, and that same money could be lost in one bad 10nl session.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Personally rather than shot money I'd maybe say one time when your playing NL4 having a good session, close off the lowest value table, open a NL10 one for the last hour. Build up some notes find out who the regs are etc. Rather than having a "shot" i think this would serve you better in the long run. 
  • edited February 2013
    Should not worry about how much you can win per month.
    Learn the fundementals to beat nl4, beat nl4 for a good period of time then move up.
    If you can't beat the least exprienced players on the site how are you going to move on and beat more experienced players.
    People are somewhat confused thinking they don't have to beat nl4 first.
    If you take a shot at nl10 then give yourself 5 buy ins to lose/win.
    Doesn't matter if you play nl4 or nl400, it's all the same game but you have to adjust to your opponents

The one thing that transcends levels is the basic fundamentals
    If you took say lolufold and told him to play nl4, he would adjust his game down to that level.

• edited February 2013
    Should not worry about how much you can win per month. Learn the fundementals to beat nl4, beat nl4 for a good period of time then move up. If you can't beat the least exprienced players on the site how are you going to move on and beat more experienced players. People are somewhat confused thinking they don't have to beat nl4 first.

Not sure what you are getting at with the first part of your post. I have made about £450 in just under 3 months at 4nl, I have not just logged on and expecting to jump straight into 4nl. I just think it might be about time to move on, and am collating as much info as I can beforehand.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Fao TINTIN : Personally rather than shot money I'd maybe say one time when your playing NL4 having a good session, close off the lowest value table, open a NL10 one for the last hour. Build up some notes find out who the regs are etc. Rather than having a "shot" i think this would serve you better in the long run. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Good shout, I plan to spend about 15mins after every 4nl session watching 10nl and making at least basic notes.