You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much value did i miss out on? How should i have bet the streets

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

boulteb Small blind  50.00 50.00 6660.00
onelegleft Big blind  100.00 150.00 7580.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

sandra1960 Fold     
MK1979 Fold     
woody3210 Call  100.00 250.00 4255.00
LARSON7 Raise  200.00 450.00 12130.00
boulteb Fold     
onelegleft Call  100.00 550.00 7480.00
woody3210 Call  100.00 650.00 4155.00
Flop

• Q
  • A

onelegleft Check     
woody3210 Check     
LARSON7 Bet  325.00 975.00 11805.00
onelegleft Call  325.00 1300.00 7155.00
woody3210 Fold     
Turn

onelegleft Check     
LARSON7 Check     
River

• A

onelegleft Bet  650.00 1950.00 6505.00
LARSON7 Call  650.00 2600.00 11155.00
onelegleft Show
  • Q

LARSON7 Show
  • A
  • J

LARSON7 Win Three Aces 2600.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Cheers Borin thans for the feedback, I hated the way i played this hand.

No idea why i never bet the turn (im scared he might have higher ACE??)

On turn i think im good, but dont want to reraise incase he goes over the top. I played it way 2 passive.

Should have bet turn, re raised river.
  • edited February 2013
    hey larson heres my thoughts

I think you should raise pre flop more between 300-400

flop sizing is fine imo maybe bet little more if i`m being picky

turn since they have called the flop I would be thinking they have weak ace or some sort of queen so I would be betting turn anything 800-1k would do the trick. Also when you check back my 1st thought was you were doing it to decieve your opponent that you were just c-bettin giving up to get value on the river or them to fire out on river to snap them off.

river depends on your opponent you can defo raise sometimes but by looks of it your opponent looks like they are quite loose passive so when they fire river only time they have shown agression I prob just flat and hopefully take it down most of time.
  • edited February 2013

Yeah mad! I'm on the button, and min raise (with a good stack)

I should of def raised more pre flop, i normally raise 3 times BB at this point of a tourney.

I wasn't checking turn for deception, just a bit of pot cntrol and i hadnt played much against this plyr. On Turn,i felt he wasreally strong for somereason.

His bet on river doesnt really make sense. Half pot bet? Surely if he has me beat he is betting more?

iwas going to re-raise then bricked it, cause if im reraised, im hating it and am prob folding.

As it turns out if i stick in a min reraise im prob geting paid off, without oppo getting fancy with it

• edited February 2013
    yeah the turn it was when I just looked at the hand 1st I thought you were doing it for deception but then read your comments about you were actually worried in incase bigger ace which is unlikely as they limped pre.

river half pot could mean anything the thing I pointed out was that when loose passive bets they usually are a lot stronger than what this opponent was.

but yeah defo bet that turn most of time here.

gl at tables
  • edited February 2013
    In my opinion thi was way too passive, the raise should have been to 350-400 pre, then on the flop i think you should bet 60 pe cent of the pot or more as there are so many players in, on the turn i think you should to protect against a flush draw incase he did turn a flush draw, call on the river was fine, just my opinion i would have played it more aggressive
  • edited February 2013
    pre raise bigger. we wanna build the pot cos more times than not we'll win what's in the middle. making it 350 looks good

flop is fine, like the sizing

bet on the turn to get value cos we're ahead of his entire range pretty much, and by betting the turn we rep more hands like a flush draw so our range is wider which means villain might call down more, but that's prob too deep, just bet for value w/ top pairz

also, try and remember this, when you have a value hand, i.e. a hand that is ahead of villains range, and you think you can only get 2 streets of value, i.e. the flop and the turn, or the flop and the river, nearly always go for bet flop and turn because generally bet check bet line is always a hand, whereas like i said earlier, bet bet has a wider range generally. 

river is fine wp
  • edited February 2013
    Hmmm... Looks like a mod took offence to my post.

That's annoying. I guess they didn't like my advice. lol
  • edited February 2013

lol are you being a bit naughty there borin?

No idea why it would be deleted.

Your advice is always welcome:D