You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How did i Play this hand? Shove flop after raise with AQ, Ace High Board

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Just Bubbeled out in 7th place:( Every1 had about 10 -15 bbshoved with 9s into Kings

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Oppo had made this big pre flop bet a few times in recent succession.

Thats why i call the raise.

I think my A Qs ahead on flop when he bets into me given his stack i shove. Dont know if i should min raise instead. I doubt he has AK. I feel with stack he's calling. Do i just call, to get stacks in on later streets?

Was this play ok, or did i miss out on value? If hes bluffing, just call flop and let him bet into me?
    Small blind  40.00 40.00 4270.00
    LARSON7 Big blind  80.00 120.00 6697.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

kriscross Raise  400.00 520.00 2705.00
    bigAL_69 Fold     
    wolfgang12 Fold     
    FILBAR Fold     
    Martin550 Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  320.00 840.00 6377.50
    Flop

• A

LARSON7 Check     
    kriscross Bet  840.00 1680.00 1865.00
    LARSON7 All-in  6377.50 8057.50 0.00
    kriscross Fold     
    LARSON7 Muck     
    LARSON7 Win  2520.00  2520.00
    LARSON7 Return  5537.50 0.00 8057.50
  • edited February 2013
    Any advice greatly appreciated:D
  • edited February 2013
    If he's made this raise a few times pre I don't mind flatting flop b/c he may have air quite a bit. If he has a spade draw  (unlikely) he's calling a shove anyway and any other hand he has prob has very few outs.
  • edited March 2013
    I agree with F_Ivanovic that we can certainly consider just flat calling this flop bet to try to extract more value from him on the turn by checking and allowing him to bluff. I don't think shoving is a big problem either, because he has put such a huge amount in and, unless he's really "spewy", he probably won't continue bluffing the turn except with something he'd call the rest with on the flop. He might be spewy though.

So either approach is fine as long as we don't fold at any stage. Once we put this 840 in, we're committed to the pot almost whatever happens. (I suppose we can fold if the turn is a spade and checked for another spade on the river)

Pre-flop if he's been making this big 5x raise alot, without considering his position, then we can definitely 3-bet. We have a hand that should be crushing his range but if we call and miss the flop, we'll be playing out of position with Ace-high and we may just have to check-fold, wasting our big pre-flop hand. If we 3-bet pre-flop, we have to be happy to get it all-in, though.
  • edited March 2013
    I might fold pre here sometimes with the 5x raise infront of us however ofcourse it depends on table dynamics and how often he has been doing it to know wheather i would be prepared to stack off against him.  On the flop im happy to go into calldown mode with the intention of not folding as we can get stacks in turn river anyway by calling we can keep in some of his bluffs and let him barrell again.
  • edited March 2013
    If you feel uncomfotable about a spade coming then shove if not then call
  • edited March 2013
    with your info, we should prob gather that villain is v.spewy, and so we should just flat his cbet on the flop and let him do his stack ott. we shouldn't really be scared of the flush

• edited March 2013
    Flatting flop is printing chippies vs these type of players. They almost always shove the turn after betting that much on the flop.