You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped house unsure how to proceed...

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all

This spot came up this evening in a deepstack.  Totally readless.  How best to proceed on the turn?

Thanks in advance.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
XXX Small blind  10.00 10.00 4990.00
Wilhelm Big blind  20.00 30.00 4980.00
  Your hole cards

bigAL_69 Fold     
wolfgang12 Fold     
FILBAR Fold     
Martin550 Fold     
XXX Call  10.00 40.00 4980.00
Wilhelm Raise  60.00 100.00 4920.00
XXX Call  60.00 160.00 4920.00
Flop

XXX Check     
Wilhelm Bet  80.00 240.00 4840.00
XXX Call  80.00 320.00 4840.00
Turn

XXX Check     
Wilhelm Bet  240.00 560.00 4600.00
XXX Raise  480.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Just call, feels like a bad attempt at a bluff.
  • edited February 2013

I would just call:P

If you re-raise and are re-raised again, do you really think you can be good?

If you re-raise and are re-raised i'm folding. You are getting told you are beat.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Flopped house unsure how to proceed...:
    I would just call:P If you re-raise and are re-raised again, do you really think you can be good? If you re-raise and are re-raised i'm folding. You are getting told you are beat.
    Posted by LARSON7
    I was incredibly tired last night and probably shouldn't have regged.  Anyway, my thinking at the time was at that level enough players would pay me off with worse to make a raise profitable.  This is probably incorrect.  If I raise, I have to get it in imo.  Raise/folding would be the worst thing I could do.

Nh btw :)
  • edited February 2013
    I'd be calling as It seems very unlikely they have a hand that beats me. JJ+ would've raised pre, and the chances of having the 2 are slim. If they turn up with it, just got to take it on the chin!!
  • edited February 2013
    Wilhelm Bet  240.00 560.00 4600.00
    LARSON7 Raise  480.00 1040.00 4360.00
    Wilhelm Raise  1200.00 2240.00 3400.00
    LARSON7 Raise  2560.00 4800.00 1800.00
    Wilhelm All-in  3400.00

When you bet and i re-raise, i'm probably just calling with 10's for pot control.

When you raise and i re-raise, i'm hating 10s in this spot. I'm probably folding. What could i be re-raising with? Not a big Ace, a big ace is never going to play that way.

The initial reraise to 480 could be a bluff, thats why i think when i re-raise you i cant think 10s are good. Thats why i prob reluctantly fold. The other hands i could be doing it with, 33s-throught to 77s, maybe 88s or 99s. I agree with above it cant be JJs or better due to limping pre flop. If it was a pair under 10s, i would not be betting out like that. Also theres not much chance some1 would be going mental on the 1st hand of a deepstack tournie.

You have to narrow my range to pocket 4s or a 2.

It's a hard spot, and you were just unlucky.

• edited February 2013
    Larson i dont mean to sound rude but just because you know how you play a situation doesn't mean your opponent does. 

Wilhelm i think i call here and call on the river too. keep his range as wide as possible. 
  • edited February 2013

I'm talking from his perspective. When it has been 4 bet, what are we with 10s beating?

• edited February 2013
    I flat the raise and call/raise the river depending on what hits, i just can't see most players raising there absolute monsters like quads and pocket 4s in that manner as i find they tend to normally flat and then get a big raise in on the river. If anything the action would level me into thinking they were weak, i have to say personally I'm never narrowing your range to quads or pockets 2s in that spot even after all that action larson unless i have alot of past history with you playing monsters in a similar way its still viable you can be holding the other hands you have described like all the lower pockets pairs or even a single 4.
  • edited February 2013

I put wilhelm on a pocket pair, 7s through to 9s, that was my thinking after he bets the turn.

I min raise, to see how strong his hand is, when i'm reraised, i think he's got a really strong pocket pair, jjs maybe queens. I'm happy to re-raise again, im confident it's all going in. Ultimatly I have only min raised, the turn, after checking flop.

I think its a mistake flatting the turn, i need to reraise in that spot.

• edited February 2013

Larson, why are you limp-calling pre-flop, blind v blind with either 44 or 2x?

Wilhelm, flat the turn to allow him to bluff on the river. If we 3-bet the turn, he folds every bluff and now we're relying on him calling with his lower pocket pairs or overplaying them by getting it in. If you think he's going to overplay low pocket pairs, then flat and allow him to bet the river anyway because there's a good chance he may still call a value raise.

Obviously it depends on the river. An overcard may lead us to simply call that river bet.

• edited March 2013
    so much information in this thread )

flat the raise

• edited March 2013
    Wilhelm Bet   240.00 560.00 4600.00 LARSON7 Raise   480.00 1040.00 4360.00 Wilhelm Raise   1200.00 2240.00 3400.00 LARSON7 Raise   2560.00 4800.00 1800.00 Wilhelm All-in   3400.00 When you bet and i re-raise, i'm probably just calling with 10's for pot control. When you raise and i re-raise, i'm hating 10s in this spot. I'm probably folding. What could i be re-raising with? Not a big Ace, a big ace is never going to play that way. The initial reraise to 480 could be a bluff, thats why i think when i re-raise you i cant think 10s are good. Thats why i prob reluctantly fold. The other hands i could be doing it with, 33s-throught to 77s, maybe 88s or 99s. I agree with above it cant be JJs or better due to limping pre flop. If it was a pair under 10s, i would not be betting out like that. Also theres not much chance some1 would be going mental on the 1st hand of a deepstack tournie. You have to narrow my range to pocket 4s or a 2. It's a hard spot, and you were just unlucky.
    Posted by LARSON7
    OK, we're all in agreement that I played the hand badly, I think I acknowledged that earlier.  I was having a moment.  But I think that having raised the turn, it is really stooopid to fold.  I;ve put nearly half my stack and you need quads or pocket 4s to beat me.  I have to get it in.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Flopped house unsure how to proceed... : OK, we're all in agreement that I played the hand badly, I think I acknowledged that earlier.  I was having a moment.  But I think that having raised the turn, it is really stooopid to fold.  I;ve put nearly half my stack and you need quads or pocket 4s to beat me.  I have to get it in.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Blinds are 10/20, if you fold after 3 betting you still have well over 100 bbs. You don't need compound one mistake by making another big mistake.

• edited March 2013
    villains range is mostly pocket pairs, and we beat a lot of pocket pairs. whatever villain has his line is kinda bad, but we should just flat his raise ott and re-evaluate otr depending on the card, whether he bets and what the sizing is
  • ybyb
    edited March 2013
    very easy call on the turn