You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT advice

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Any mtt regs, just interested, when you go deep in a tournament, when does it get to a point where you don't want to be taking flips anymore and risking chips, for example if you have build up a half decent stack and your deep, i always seem to take to many flips i think

Comments

• edited February 2013
    getting into a flip situation is never  a good thing,as they are what they say a flip.
    However sometimes its unavoidable,especially if your running low on chips,try not t get so low as you have no fold equity. If your the big stack,look after your chips,and try and resist the temptation of playing to many hands,chose your  spots,and put pressure on when in position,you can do this with a wider range ,but not to often as the rest of the table would notice.take notice of the other players chipstacks at the table,the shortstacks are more liable to 3 bet shove,if say they have 10bbs or less with a wider range,where as player with 25+ would be wanting a premium hand to get it in with.most important table dynamics,who bets folds,which players are looser than others,who,s playing tight.

There are so many points for discussion on this subject,but experience is probably the best teacher,the more often you run deep,the more comfortable you will become with the various situations.

hope this helps
  • edited February 2013

Great advice thanks for the help, i think i take too many flips, even though i do it with good hands, maybe sometimes it is not neccessary.