You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check on paired board in omaha

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
OK so think it's a marginal call pre-flop but have 2 high FDs so think it's just about OK.Think villain 3bets his AA hands and good rundowns, maybe some good KK/QQ. I could lead flop but decide to check. OTT I hit the straight but don't think there's much value in betting myself so decide to c/c. He min bets which sets off alarm bells of AA. I check river and he pots. He tells me in chat box he does have AA. I decide to fold.Hand History #627634137 (23:44 28/02/2013)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancenewstart12Small blind £0.25£0.25£136.96goodylad21Big blind £0.50£0.75£34.75 Your hole cards8Q7K   robertf503Fold    PBMTFold    F_IvanovicRaise £1.50£2.25£48.25shanks246Raise £4.50£6.75£67.44newstart12Fold    goodylad21Fold    F_IvanovicCall £3.00£9.75£45.25Flop  A10A   F_IvanovicCheck    shanks246Check    Turn  J   F_IvanovicCheck    shanks246Bet £0.50£10.25£66.94F_IvanovicCall £0.50£10.75£44.75River  3   F_IvanovicCheck    shanks246Bet £10.75£21.50£56.19F_IvanovicFold    shanks246ShowXXXX   shanks246Win £10.21 £66.40

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Can't see the bet sizes but if the villain is any where near competent it's more than likely a fold (unless they are so good they can turn straights into a bluff and know they are doing this, but this sort of player is rare at these stakes and on this site).

You are rightly worried about paired boards, but if it's the Ace that's paired, get rid.  People over play Axxx ss/ds hands so much we are probably dead and should fold most under houses let alone straights.

To the line:

Pre:  Quite marginal, don't like it OOP but we got two of two colours and they are in the same postcode.  I prefer a fold I think but it's not awful.

Flop:  Good check

Turn:  Can't see the bet size but it must be small, I flick it in as well

River:  Pretty easy fold all in all.
  • edited March 2013
    IMO no competent player would ever min bet 50p into a £10 pot, especially in OMAHA ,but that still doesnt tell you whether they have it or not so its still a fold after a jam on the river.

Edit: could be a missclick. Have done this a few times myself.
  • edited March 2013
    you talk about your two high flushdraws pre...  they have massive reverse implied odds in plo if you get into large pot you are prob behind
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Line check on paired board in omaha:
    you talk about your two high flushdraws pre...  they have massive reverse implied odds in plo if you get into large pot you are prob behind
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    This is 2 way to the flop, chances are we're very rarely dominated by a better flush draw. Also when we get it in OTF we will have more than just a FD so even if opponent has a better flush draw we will still have decent equity.

If we were multi-way then I definitely agree that this is a hand with potential big reverse implied odds though.