You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A bit of advice please

_G__G_
edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all
i have been having conection problems over the past couple of days, today nightmare, tried everything i know, rebooting pc, ect.
my good lady said, ask the forum what browser you use, i use internet explore, is this ok or could you recommend a better one.

thanks for your time.

Glen

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Have you tried using the download for playing?
    much more reliable than tinternet.

for tinternet try google chrome 

Regards Alan.

Edit.. more informed info on the way no doubt.
  • _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    sorry but i don't know what you mean download version, i thought i was how do i check

thanks

glen
  • edited March 2013
    I use internet explore but had a fault on my router,sky sent me a new one,now every thing works great.
  • edited March 2013

glen when you log into sky poker at the top of the page you will see download,hope this helps

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: A bit of advice please:
    sorry but i don't know what you mean download version, i thought i was how do i check thanks glen
    Posted by _G_
    I assumned you were using the internet for playing 

There is a download version available 

(were are the geeks when you need them( HELP HELP)
  • edited March 2013
    WHAT PAIGE55 SAID ...PHEWWWW
  • edited March 2013
    Playing on the browser version is fine, IE, Firefox or Google Chrome all work well with it, just don't be surprised if you have trouble if you download a version labelled as "Beta". Stick to the released versions and all will be well
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to A bit of advice please:
    Hi all i have been having conection problems over the past couple of days, today nightmare, tried everything i know, rebooting pc, ect. my good lady said, ask the forum what browser you use, i use internet explore, is this ok or could you recommend a better one. thanks for your time. Glen
    Posted by _G_
    Hi Glen,

This is not going to be easy for anyone to help with, but it's not your fault. 'Connection problems', well there's a zillion possible reasons. Imagine walking into the doctor's room and only saying "I have a problem" and then expecting Dr to give you the cure. Tricky one!

It's less likely to be related to your choice of browser (Internet Explorer / Firefox etc).

I would look first at your network. Do you use wireless? (I've said it before and I'll say it again, wireless is one of the cancers of modern computing). Anyone with any sort of communication problem should first eliminate wireless from the equation with a hard-wired network connection.

Sorry to be vague but you really are asking a question with thousands of different answers depending on this/that/who/where/what etc.

Easier to troubleshoot 'hands on'.

Good luck!

• _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone

i think what noseybonk said about wireless connection is about right, don't get much problem on my pc direct connection, but saying that i spend a lot more time on my laptop, i think i will have to except the fact its going to happen, just hope it gets a bit better.

Good luck everyone

Glen
  • _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    Thanks paige55 i found the download, it said i was already using it

Good luck

Glen
  • edited March 2013
    Hi NoseyBonk,my internet is also hard wired into the back of my pc,but it also run,s on wireless, to another pc,a laptop,since getting a new router from sky,everything is good,my router was first installed,by sky in 2008,the new one is much better
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone i think what noseybonk said about wireless connection is about right, don't get much problem on my pc direct connection, but saying that i spend a lot more time on my laptop, i think i will have to except the fact its going to happen, just hope it gets a bit better. Good luck everyone Glen
    Posted by _G_
    This sounds like it might be the reason. Thank you to the guys posting on this thread, great when the community helps like this!
  • edited March 2013
    hi Glen,
    i have a cable conection going straight into my pc and it's quite rare that i ever have conection problems.
    my brother,who i live with, has a laptop with wireless running from the same router,(sky internet & router) and he does lose conection and have the odd moan,from time to time,maybe once or twice a month or so,so it would seem that you are not alone with this problem.
    hope this helps a little.
    :)
    ian
  • edited March 2013
    As mosts say wireless connection is unreliable. The other thing you need to change is your football team and Im sure it will work a lot better :D 

Gl G.
  • edited March 2013
    I have had problems with wireless internet, signal kept dropping every few minutes. Went out and got a decent network cable for £30 and it has paid for itself already. Just connect one end to the router and one to your computer. Bit of a trip hazard but it works.
  • edited March 2013
    hi Glen, i have a cable conection going straight into my pc and it's quite rare that i ever have conection problems. my brother,who i live with, has a laptop with wireless running from the same router,(sky internet & router) and he does lose conection and have the odd moan,from time to time,maybe once or twice a month or so,so it would seem that you are not alone with this problem. hope this helps a little. :) ian
    Posted by devonfish5
    I've been playing here over four years and I still remember my disconnection. It took Scottish Power about five hours to restore the supply! My beer got warm.

Wireless is very convenient, and a lot of people hate unsightly wires, but wires really are the only way to go if you want reliability - and I'd say most people do especially when there's money at stake!

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: A bit of advice please : I've been playing here over four years and I still remember my disconnection. It took Scottish Power about five hours to restore the supply! My beer got warm. Wireless is very convenient, and a lot of people hate unsightly wires, but wires really are the only way to go if you want reliability - and I 'd say most people do especially when there's money at stake !
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    totally agree...
                          those that DON'T have wires.....should.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    thanks everyone
    i will try direct cable, my good lady got herself one for her laptop, but don't use it anymore, i give it a try and let you know how i get on next week.

i as for JPW33, i don't need to change my team, i am used to bad beat, so what my team doing don't worry me, its variation we will come good, lol.

Good luck everyone

Glen
  • _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone

just a little update, i am no techy, but my laptop was playing up again, so i rebooted the router again but this time turned it of at the wall no power, i thought it might be a build up off static, anyway have had no problems, my wife laptop working as well, she says its whizzing now hope that's do the trick

Glen