You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

playing against a donkey

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Ok was playing live last night as usual. Down to the last three. I have played with the second chip leader on many an occassion and i know hes a good player, the chip leader to my left however i hadnt played with him, but i knew how his brother played. His brother was a very loose player who often connected and was a very lucky player, so i wasnt sure on how to take him.

So on my BB i look down to Q 10 suited, the chip leader had said he was calling before the dealer even dished out the cards and SB folded. I checked not overly confident with Q 10 and as small stack though maybe if i see a flop and connect and go all in he'll fold.

Flop: Q, 9, 4

So ive hit top pair with a reasonable kicker. I shove all in being first to act, he still hasnt looked at his cards, but unbelieveably calls. Im pretty sure im ahead, and what does he show, 9,4.

In the end he had a full house and i was out. I couldnt believe the luck of this family. He then won the heads up in pretty much the same manner.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    well some people have all the luck hes probably got some of mine that i have lost, i woke up and couldnt win a hand KK AA AK QQ all losing to worser hands so if youve still got money in your account on here feel yourself lucky, everyone gets beat by rubbish hands but i think sky poker is punishing me for something.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi don

I assume you were really short stacked for him to be getting the odds to play without looking at his cards.  Either way, he's been incredibly lucky to hit 2 pair on the flop to take you out. 

Get him next week mate!
  • edited December 2009
    he done it two or 3 times throughout the night, he said hed achieved his minimum goal of making it to final table, I had around 10000 chips blinds where 400/800, he had around 20000 so it was half his stack.

and ill get him tonight theres a new venue for the league and its in his town so im going just to beat him lol
  • edited December 2009
    You better get him

Given the way he played that hand last night, I'd have been a bit annoyed with him, even if I'd doubled up.  I cannot understand why he wouldnt give you and the game the respect it deserves for being the final 3.  If it was me, I'd want to win knowing i'd outplayed my opponent, not because he suddenly decided to play a hand for half his stack blind.

Hopefully tonight you have your revenge, and do so when he is playing his hand properly mate
  • edited December 2009
    Yea the guy who played second who ive played with on a number off occassions fun, cash and league is a good friend of my familys and neither of us could just quite believe how he done it to both of us. So im out to get my first league win of the season tonight, hopefully be me and him in the heads up so i can mug him right off