You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when are the £110 BI tourneys? PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE TO SHOW SKY THE INTEREST IN IT. THANKS

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
They will say its because it didnt reach the guarantee sometimes but why not just have no gaurantee and let the 30/40 players who want to play a £100+ MTT play.
What can SKY lose by doing this?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Apart from sunday? I remember at one point they had them 7 days a week and a £220 buy in tourney on sunday.

And yes i know no one from sky got back to me last time i posted (thanks) but it would be nice to know why they have all gone.

Sincerely

A Degen
  • edited March 2013
    Just coz you guys cant handle the standard of the £3.30 DYM Omaha games ;o)

• edited March 2013

Hi Mewillows

Thanks for your post.

We are happy to answer this and have done so on similar threads before.

The simple truth is (as Jonjo said) is indeed that these dwindled in popularity and had regular overlay. Games that suffer overlay regularly don't make sense in the long run. We do try to offer a good mix of games and we wouldn't rule these coming back in future but, as things stand, we're not planning on reintroducing them in the short-term - although as you know we have the monthly roller and the regular UKOPS events.

Of course we could run these without a guarantee but experience suggests that these are not as popular and fizzle out even more. We then get asked by others what the point of running them is and why don't we put a guarantee on. It is a bit of a vicious circle.

All that said, we might consider running a trial if your idea gets support?

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to when are the £110 BI tourneys now?:
    Apart from sunday? I remember at one point they had them 7 days a week and a £220 buy in tourney on sunday. And yes i know no one from sky got back to me last time i posted (thanks) but it would be nice to know why they have all gone. Sincerely A Degen
    Posted by mewillows
    Hi Mewillows
    I voted yes, however, I think changes need to be made to make the Guarantees more acheivable.

An 8K guarantee needs 40 runners so there is no overlay, however, if the Guarantee was 5K only 25 runners would be required and this I think is more realistic and 5K GTD with a minimum of 25 runners would still give a decent payout. If it acheives more than 25 runners then that would be a bonus.

With regular satelites - 1 in 10 into a Quarter & then Semi or even an eliminater based satelite would be worth considering imo.
  • edited March 2013
    as jonjo said, we dont need a guarentee, just have a £110 roller and who ever turns up to dance turns up to dance, that way we have no overlay.
  • edited March 2013
    And don't make it a bounty hunter. Bring back the roller as this stops some horrendous play and fishing.......by me. 

Oh and Rock, I'd choose Vanessa because Liv looks like a posh horse when she smiles. Although I don't like the gangsta hand gestures Vanessa makes in photos or that she can't wear a baseball hat properly. I choose Gillian Epp over both if them though. 

Oh and I mean Rousso not Selbst the Hungarian hammer thrower.