You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

James & Jen - back again, with special guest star Dana Immanuel! (***SUNDAY'S OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
They say "respect your elders," so I'm drafting three of Sky Poker's silver foxes*...

andrew1947
EBBERDON
tikay

All three have unconventional playing styles which befuddle their opponents. All three have made numerous deep runs in MTTs (both live and on-line).

* tikay would be a silver fox if he didn't bleach his hair; Andrew would be a silver fox if he actually had hair! :)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Yes, our love for poker cannot keep us away from channel 861 for more than two days! We return on Sunday night with the following:

7pm - Live coverage of Sunday's £1k Freeroll (register HERE)
    8pm - Analyse My Play (Jen critiques some of our guest's hands)
    9pm - Now on Sky Poker (live action from the Master Cash tables)
    10pm - Live coverage of this week's SPT London Semi (register HERE)
    11pm - Highlights from the £10k Primo (register HERE)

UPDATE: We'll be joined on the sofa (from 8pm) by singer/songwriter/poker player/blogger Dana Immanuel.

Questions for Dana should be submitted via the usual channels.

Now, I'm sure many of you have come across the Fantasy Poker game on Facebook, which has seen pro players and casual fans challenging each other, and "drafting" teams for major tournaments.

So, a simple question...

Which three players would you have in your fantasy team for SPT London - and why?

You can see HERE who's already bought in/qualified. You can also assume that most of the Sky Poker analysts (tikay, Jen, Redmond, Ryan, Stuart, Julian, Carlo) will be playing. Alternatively, why not take a risk and pick players who MIGHT be there? For example, Sky regs like TommyD and MacMonster, or pros like Channing and Razavi.

As far as competitions go, we've got four seats in Tuesday's Mini Open to give away. And I have an entertaining quiz planned. Details will be revealed on the live show.

E-mail: skyopen@bskyb.com
    Twitter: #SkyPokerTV

• edited March 2013
    I'll pick 3 players who i believe all have a decent chance of winning. 

percival09
    MattBates
    GregHogg

Alll 3 are tough opponents expessially if they can get chips early they will be a threat. 
  • edited March 2013

I will pick 3 players,who have a chance at winning.Scotty77,MAXALLY,HITMAN RV. And why because they are all good looking :):):)

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: James & Jen - back again! (***SUNDAY'S OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    I will pick 3 players,who have a chance at winning.Scotty77,MAXALLY,HITMAN RV. And why because they are all good looking :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Am i not good looking enough ;) - im not playing so ill let you off :) 
  • edited March 2013
    you are good looking The Don90 your just to young,:):):):)
  • edited March 2013
    Which three players would you have in your fantasy team for SPT London - and why?
    I've tried to combine this weeks subject with one of James' previous challenges of writing a Limerick, here goes....

1. CTBN
    Och aye the noo, its Colin from Ayr
    Ya cannae understand him but he's got a mean stare
    He likes a wee joke
    He goes out for a smoke
    But with position and chips he's a nightmare

2. Jamielou
    From t'Rochdale comes Jamielou Barratt
    She's a jewel and no doubt she's 9 carat
    She'll 3-bet for fun
    Till all your chips she has won
    And at Stratford she'll win or I'll eatmyhat

3. phil12uk
    A young lad called Phil is the 'luckbox'
    Takes wins in his stride with the bad knocks
    At the next SPT
    He'll win it you'll see
    Cos at poker young Phil is a sly fox
  • edited March 2013

My three would be....

Doyle "andrew1947" Brunson
    Noel "TommyD" Edmonds
    Julian "JAEGERBOMB" Assange

• edited March 2013
    The 3 I would pick would be -

Mattbates
    TommyD
    Scotty77

Why?????

Because all 3 have brilliant games and 3 of the best mtt players on skypoker

• edited March 2013
    Have a great show James and Jen.

James, can I get you to plug the Poker Clinic on the show? It's got a bit quiet in there lately and not many new players are posting hands.

Give it a big up, shout out or holla... whatever the kids are saying these days.

Ta for that.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: James & Jen - back again! (***SUNDAY'S OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Posted by paige55
    I probably wont come to the SPT now as I think Paige thinks I have more of a face for online poker!
  • edited March 2013
    ***BREAKING NEWS***

There's a late addition to the line-up! See OP for details.

• edited March 2013
    Watch out for me tonight, im taking the main event down, well hopefully, im a lyrical miricle ryme master, my flows will cut you up rude boy, so get a plaster, this is a slow play, but i can go faster, i am the cash master

p.s i am bored
  • edited March 2013
    Can i request a hand for Analyse my play please

I havent really played alot of this level, although this hand last night is something I've seen alot at lower levels. 

Would like thoughts of my raise on the flop (given i raise K's and bluffs here is it ok to raise my hand) and then my stationing the rest of the hand. V this kind of action how should i treat it in future. I find myself often giving away blinds in these kind of spots. 

#628461064 from mastercash 4 in the early hours of this morning. 
  • edited March 2013

Jen Mason
    Anna Fowler
    Sarah Champion.

Why?......because you used the word 'fantasy' in the question. That is all.
  • edited March 2013

the three player i would pick for the fantasy team would be
    bearlythere- because give lots of advice so seems to know how to play very well
    evil pingu- he win so many pots thanks to his aggression
    finally tintin- i can't think of any player better that him when facing the micro players.

• edited March 2013
    james you asked how i felt !!! in a non freeroll proberly wouldnt call with AJ all in a tourny as its normally big hands / pockets that shove in ealy stages ... But he was away for the 1st fives hands then joined and shoved every hand once joined so had too call really ... GUTTED yes but i dont expect anything less in freerolls and it part of poker 
    trippy555s

• edited March 2013

Thomas the Tank Engine
    The Fat Controller
    & Tikay

- Obviously we'd be on the fast track to the final table!
    - No danger of getting our lines crossed!
    - Any bridges we'd have to cross, Tikay's been there, seen it, done it and put people to sleep talking about them!
    - So, we'd be taking the express train to the money!
    Where do we sign up? lol
  • edited March 2013
    hii

silly question, you mentioned qualification for the spt does that mean you can't just buy in?

my dream team would be

YOYO (runs amazing well!!!!)
    LOLUFOLD (rate him highly as a player)
    LMUSCLE90 ( I fancy myself to get a good result live)

• edited March 2013
    hey 
    James and Jen    Great show so far and as always :)

My dream team would be 

Ebberdon
    Scotty77
    YoYo 

All i beleive are really good poker players 

Thank you 
  • edited March 2013
    can you please ask jen not to pronounce Ibrox and eeb rox. As a rangers fan its rather tilting ;) - eye-brox
  • edited March 2013
    My three would be.... Doyle "andrew1947" Brunson Noel "TommyD" Edmonds Julian "JAEGERBOMB" Assange
    Posted by aussie09

Doyle "andrew1947" Brunson - doyle brunson's age in vegas will be like andrew1947's at the spt

Noel "TommyD" Edmonds - noel edmonds' relentless quest to appear on tv every day is so tommyd

Julian "JAEGERBOMB" Assange - i won the jeagerbomb fantasy league last year and still await receipt of the first prize (entry into the spt final) jaegerbomb much like julian assange is in hiding.

• edited March 2013

Hi guys. Just wanted to know if you would be able to review one of my hands from tonight’s master cash during your master cash hour please?

Was on Master Cash 2: #628716247 (20:18 03/03/2013)

Should I slow down with the appearance of the Ace. My plan was to bet the streets small to keep the pot down as I thought I could be bluffed off the hand if I checked at any point. This is an area I struggle a lot with.

Great show. Thank you

Danny

• edited March 2013

you saw so many shoves being done from villians on a free roll well i have just had a bad beat on the mini where i shoved with QQ and got called with A8o so lost my hand to a flush here is that hand if you want to see 628726254
    also if that was not bad enough i lost my full stack when i shoved with KK got 4 callers holding QQ 1010 and A10s which i again lost when the two who held 10 hit a straight.

• edited March 2013

Been watching the show whilst playing the Primo, mini and the festival freeroll. I have written down in the 1st hour of the mini that I have taken 3 'heads' in the that so far. Now on the timed break, I opened up the lobby to find how much I have already won and to be smug at the thought it was now going to be a kind of freeroll for me now........

....then I realised it wasn't a bounty hunter! doh! 
  • edited March 2013
    Can you show this hand from MC4 please. after a tilting run out is this play ok

• edited March 2013
    Hi James, Jen and Dana!

I've just left tonight's mini primo which you gave me free entry to in Thursday's show and it's not good I'm afraid.

I needed to double up to get just above the average and decided to go all in with AK in the small blind after everyone before me folded. I got called by the big stack in the big blind who had A10 - Happy days, right?

Nope! J, Q, 8 came out on the flop and then a 9 on the turn.

Nevermind though, I managed to finish higher than both Scotty77 and Julian Thew and of course I got free entry.

Thanks guys!

Also, I'm not sure about the 3 players I WOULD have in my fantasy team but if Scotty and Thew can manage to do worse than me then I'm certainly not picking them. Or Tikay, he would talk my ear off!
  • edited March 2013
    Not played mant tournaments today been concentrating on the elliminator for the spt great tournament
       eye-rays24751Entry to £30k SPT London
    SoLack23752Entry to £30k SPT London
    GREGHOGG17453Entry to £30k SPT London
    karlluke17304Entry to £30k SPT London
    macapaca16755Entry to £30k SPT London

• edited March 2013

hi james,

9 left in the jackpot.

JACKPOT 21:56 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 220 410 100 45  
    left 83 97 9    

GIVEITSOME 8 51      
    shawsok 13 78      
    TommyD 33 82      
    Curt360x27 41 52      
    subsnw 44 59      
    tidus2 50 62      
    delpotty 60 27      
    TimmyRaRa 66 83      
    hurst05 70 40      

• edited March 2013
    Thanks for showing my Q4 hand v AA guys . . . . . NOT :)

I know it looked crazy but i havnt played that player much and wanted to see if he was capable of firing 3 bullets light etc, he loves to raise the button and had been raising alot in previous hands so i decided to see what he was made of on several tables at once by playing back at him.

Anyways i got my answers . . . . . . About 10 minutes and £80 later he turned out to be a NIT and turned up with Aces or sets on all occasions lol . . . . . . ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING IN THIS GAME :)

At least like you said James mate the advertising was priceless :)

Great show by the way and i promise at some point i am gonna win a hand on here one day :)

Cheers

Daz.
  • edited March 2013
    JACKPOT 22:58 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 220 410 100 45  
    left 31 39      

Curt360x27 25 11      
    subsnw 26 20