You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Thankyou very much for the free entry steve, very much appreciated. It shows you have full confidence in me in the 500 gtd.  
  • edited July 2009
    Just Satted in to tonights tournie, see you all there and like Tikay im really happy that the 22 sleepstaks are here. I hope they are here to stay too.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    In Response to Re: £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15 : haha! I'll tell you what bossbox - seeing as it's Friday, I'm feeling generous and I put you under extra pressure in this one, I've entered you in the £9,000 open tonight free of charge in case you bust out early!
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    wow bossbox, are you doing a lot of secret bum kissing ?? lol £17 free entry and a chance to win an extra £25 :-)

**Puckers up lips ready for some bum kissing**
  • edited July 2009
    WOW, this structure is so much better than anything i've played on sky before, I haven't gauged my eyes out yet AND i've had two spots where [i]I could[/i] fold and look for a better one with a marginal hand when normally there is no choice you just have to go all in.

Awesome guys, hopefully the runners pick up, i'd be interested in all the tournies having similar structures! :D
  • edited July 2009

Sing my song guys, sing my song!

This Tourney will grow & grow if we, the Players, support it, & it will be be the catalyst for slower structured & bigger Buy-In Tourneys, meaning we will have something for everyone.

As to the Prize Structure, I'm with FlashFlush here. It's fine as it is, imo, & once it gets more runners it will be tickity boo.

I will play this Tourney every night when I'm not working.

Can't wait to get home & play it now!
  • edited July 2009
    Good game tonight lads, quality was very good...!

On the other hand dissapointed that 3 hrs into play lost my concentration for 1 minute, 2nd chip leader, 30k or so, I raise first to act with Jacks (2.4k), folds around to BB who re-raises (8k)... put him on overcards, and push straight back... instant call. He turns AK hits Ace on flop... stinger...! Finish 7th...

Bit dissapointed after 3 hours of play, should of let them go and find a better spot, as I was racing at best anyway, but was wanting to go to final table big chip leader... thems the breaks...!

Cheers
  • edited July 2009
    still bit iffy about this, yeah its a gr8 tourney but i cant c it growing(in entrants) i really dont, mite b wrong  but hey ho, think the original idea was 4 a 100-200 buyin, and like tk said put 1 on with no guarantee, cos we all playin the 22er hopin it will grow, i dont think it will, in fact  the 500gtd hampers it, it really does, ive entered both times like alot of others probaly have just so this higher buyin tourney tht we tryin to achieve doesnt die on its backside.its a proper tourney, and thxs 4 puttin it on sky, but its not worth playin as it is now really. the whole purpose bout the 100-200 buyin tourney is tht the big cash plyrs would play it, they not gonna play a 22quid buyin.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi, i've been away for a few days and came back and we have a £20 d/s good news and well done sky!
    Advertising would be good. Can sky send us all an e-mail every week with the new tournies in? Or post them in a forum? Also can we have sat's into this to try and get the numbers up? There are 27 for tonight's game but i'm sure a lot of people (like me until today) don't even know this tourney is on.
  • edited July 2009
    I am more than willing to play this comp in a few days, the only drawback for me is that if this really takes off and only 6 players get payed it may become a bit of a put off. As long as the players that cash increases as we get more entries then i carnt see there being a problem with this comp.
  • edited July 2009
    What a great idea this tournament is i think it was run on a friday night and i used to enter every week and then low and behold it had vanished!!! Count me in anyway it will definately be the 1st tourny i enter every night and for a relatively small outlay you can have a few hours of fun win or lose!!! I recently stopped playing MTT and went to cash because i was getting sick of all the BINGO structured tournies, so good on you SKY and i really hope this tourny takes off!!!

Good luck all and see you soon

Goodylad
  • edited July 2009
    Just finished tonights trny, only had 20 runners which was disappointing, but i feel that is because we need to break the 30 barrier,  to get 5 paid. (i finished 3rd and won £100 so im not complaining) but im sure there were ppl sat waiting for it to fill up, my suggestion is enter the trny if u want to play, if with only a few seconds left it hasnt reached the mark you want THEN withdraw, too many ppl sitting watching where if all those ppl entered they wud probably have 30+... everyone here loved the trny, best trny sky have done yet we cant break 30?? maybe a bit of tv coverage to get it off the ground,?!?!?

Hope to see you all there
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    Just finished tonights trny, only had 20 runners which was disappointing, but i feel that is because we need to break the 30 barrier,  to get 5 paid. (i finished 3rd and won £100 so im not complaining) but im sure there were ppl sat waiting for it to fill up, my suggestion is enter the trny if u want to play, if with only a few seconds left it hasnt reached the mark you want THEN withdraw, too many ppl sitting watching where if all those ppl entered they wud probably have 30+... everyone here loved the trny, best trny sky have done yet we cant break 30?? maybe a bit of tv coverage to get it off the ground,?!?!?  Hope to see you all there
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Perhaps a solution would be for sky to allow late entry in these tournies, like up to level 2? is this a software change that could be considered?
  • edited July 2009
    We can't run the late entry at the moment Greg but we'd like to see that option added.  I think familiarity with the timing and structure will make this tournament a real success over the next few days / weeks.  It's a completely different experience to the Open and will offer a good learning curve for players who have been brought up on the Open structure.
  • edited July 2009
    Many of us have agreed when Tikay gets back from Vegas and he starts playing you just know the numbers will increase when all his "sheep" start playing :-)... give it a month we will have 50+ runners