You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unspoken rules at 4nl?

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Have I missed something, on Sunday are you legally required to...

1. Call any hand for any amount pre flop

and

2. Min donk bet whatever you hit and then never fold

I think its harder to win at weekends, its just impossible to put most of these people on a range.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Sounds like a great game to be playing in, sit tight play patient and let them station you down when you pick up some hands - easy game..
  • edited March 2013
    ENJOY Printing that cash 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl?:
    ENJOY Printing that cash 
    Posted by The_Don90

Not at all, the fact they have no idea what they are doing makes it harder.

Roll on the week when i can go back to beating the bad regs
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? : Not at all, the fact they have no idea what they are doing makes it harder. Roll on the week when i can go back to beating the bad regs
    Posted by calcalfold
    Once id have said the same. 

Seriously go play Tintin repeatedly get in hands with him and tell me its easier playing him than limp min bet cal min bet casll min bet call. 

• edited March 2013

last year i would have said the same myself but all it takes is a few months worth of very tight aggressive play and it will change as villians will more and more often fold a bet on the flop if the call they will continue to call and if they get their two pair you will know right away as they will shove most of the time.
    the frustation i have is just the fact they get too passive so i waste lot of good hands.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? : Once id have said the same.  Seriously go play Tintin repeatedly get in hands with him and tell me its easier playing him than limp min bet cal min bet casll min bet call. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Tintin is easy to play against  fold if he bets lol.
  • edited March 2013
    i take my words back as although they fold frop the preflop they will call anyday and i lost £4 with KKvs QQ 1010 and A10s what happen was the straight to the j was hit.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? :   Tintin is easy to play against  fold if he bets lol.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Exactly, even the good regs at 4nl (all 3 or 4 of them) are easy to play, they play their hands face up.

Note I said easy to play against, not easy to felt.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? : Once id have said the same.  Seriously go play Tintin repeatedly get in hands with him and tell me its easier playing him than limp min bet cal min bet casll min bet call. 
    Posted by The_Don90

TinTin is the one reg that isnt bad

Fact
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? : TinTin is the one reg that isnt bad Fact
    Posted by calcalfold

Thats the whole point. You try to take money off tintin bar coolering him you aint gonna get it. However v opponents who are making some mistakes we can make lots of cash. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? : Thats the whole point. You try to take money off tintin bar coolering him you aint gonna get it. However v opponents who are making some mistakes we can make lots of cash. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    No, you have missed my point, I will try and simplify

For me, playing my usual game

Easy to beat long term: Most semi regs or bad regs (at 4nl), multitabling. As I can generally use multiple levels of poker thought to beat them - This is where most of my profit comes from as its often easy to see their mistakes and adapt accordingly.

Hard to beat: The Sunday droolers that just mash buttons depending on the direction of the wind. Hard to assign reliable ranges means difficult to determine if I need to be value betting/pot controllong/folding etc. Not saying I dont win against these players, but it is a high variance route.
  • edited March 2013
    Yes it is a high variance route, but the fault is with your game not theirs. You don't need to use multiple levels of poker thought at this level, in fact it is probably a bad thing to even employ 2 levels deep of thought.

Keep it simple, bet your big hands, don't bluff and if you see someone raising weak regularly or if you meet a calling station, fill your boots. You may lose a buy in or two due to variance, but if you can't win at this level it's your fault not theirs.
  • edited March 2013
    Yes it is a high variance route, but the fault is with your game not theirs. You don't need to use multiple levels of poker thought at this level, in fact it is probably a bad thing to even employ 2 levels deep of thought. Keep it simple, bet your big hands, don't bluff and if you see someone raising weak regularly or if you meet a calling station, fill your boots. You may lose a buy in or two due to variance, but if you can't win at this level it's your fault not theirs.
    Posted by FCHD
    What fault? please elaborate
  • edited March 2013
    another moan at bad players thread,jeez,i never understand it,put it this way,if you conna beat the bad players what does that make you
  • edited March 2013
    Not moaning and not saying I cant beat them, merely stating an observation.

Suggest reading threads slowly next time, taking more time to notice the context.
  • edited March 2013

Wouldn't expect a 'good reg' of any level to post stuff like this. 

Hard to beat: The Sunday droolers that just mash buttons depending on the direction of the wind. 

...................... ?

They're obviously not hard to beat.............  vvvvv easy to beat. 
  • edited March 2013
    i take my words back as although they fold frop the preflop they will call anyday and i lost £4 with KKvs QQ 1010 and A10s what happen was the straight to the j was hit.
    Posted by craigcu12
      Yeh, sorry about that craig but i was calling all day there with A10s, purely for value, cos has has already been stated on numerous threads i could be up against absolutely anything. 
  • edited March 2013
    I am very good at football, im so good infact that we need to win 5 games to win a cup. We where given the choice between playing the local sunday league teams or barca, real, man utd, man city and bayern. We chose the latter cause they wud be "easier" to beat :D
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Unspoken rules at 4nl? :   Yeh, sorry about that craig but i was calling all day there with A10s, purely for value, cos has has already been stated on numerous threads i could be up against absolutely anything. 
    Posted by pomfrittes
    well 9 time out of 10 you are going to be putting yourself in danger when facing myself with a shove preflop if you ever going to stand a chance of being ahead it is a pair v my AK or AQ.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Unspoken rules at 4nl?:
    Have I missed something, on Sunday are you legally required to... 1. Call any hand for any amount pre flop and 2. Min donk bet whatever you hit and then never fold I think its harder to win at weekends, its just impossible to put most of these people on a range.
    Posted by calcalfold
    How can this possibly be a bad thing?
  • edited March 2013
    So basically yav ran bad or been stupid and tried bluffing Captain call down and lost like 2 buy ins.

If ya wana play a bad reg play me im pretty awful
  • edited March 2013

its the weekend and theres more people splashing about but tbh i dont notice much difference from a weekday to a weekend just theres more players on earlier in the day.

others have said similar things about sundays, i just dont understand it myself. just adjust slightly and fill yer boots. some days it will go against you most will go for you. we want to play the players who will call down with the poorest of odds to hit their hand.

i never got online today til about 10pm and had one of my better days recently, +10 buyins, its all good.

embrace these players, dont criticise them

• edited March 2013
    its the weekend and theres more people splashing about but tbh i dont notice much difference from a weekday to a weekend just theres more players on earlier in the day. others have said similar things about sundays, i just dont understand it myself. just adjust slightly and fill yer boots. some days it will go against you most will go for you. we want to play the players who will call down with the poorest of odds to hit their hand. i never got online today til about 10pm and had one of my better days recently, +10 buyins, its all good. embrace these players, dont criticise them
    Posted by TINTIN
    v.much this.

they're playing to have fun. they really don't give a S if they're calling off their stack to hit a gutshot, cos when they hit their gutshot they will be like KEDEJOFJEFOJDEMOEJ£ROFJOFJEOJEOJDWOEKDWEDJOEDJ£OF£FO{£JDFOEJOEJDOEDOEJDEOD. poker is funzies