You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any ideas on this one?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JedJSmall blind 40.0040.002407.50
major1962Big blind 80.00120.003295.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

gassyFold    
Floxsake3Call 80.00200.005050.00
loolololloRaise 240.00440.008327.50
HUNTYMANFold    
JedJFold    
major1962Fold    
Floxsake3Call 160.00600.004890.00
Flop

Floxsake3Check    
loolololloBet 300.00900.008027.50
Floxsake3All-in 4890.005790.000.00

he told me his hand afterwards so ill tell after you say what you think

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I'm folding the first one. What hands does he do this with? for me he does tthis with 10 x, smaller pocket pair but bigger than 3 or a big pocket. pair. Your big underdog 2 of these 3 occasions. You've still loads of chips and haven't invested that much in the hand that you can't get away from it. I would say I would most likely put him on the smaller pocket pair but I don't think its worth the risk. Suppose he could be doing it with a flush draw with at least 1 overcard to your jack possibly two making it virtually a coin flip or if has two overs he'd be slight favourite. So again a fold.

Edit: just checked and flush draw with 1 over would make you 60:40 favourite and two overcard with flush draw would be a virtual coin flip. Still don't think, given the game situation and your stack, that you need to be gambling with these type of odds yet
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: any ideas on this one?:
    I'm folding the first one. What hands does he do this with? for me he does tthis with 10 x, smaller pocket pair but bigger than 3 or a big pocket. pair. Your big underdog 2 of these 3 occasions. You've still loads of chips and haven't invested that much in the hand that you can't get away from it. I would say I would most likely put him on the smaller pocket pair but I don't think its worth the risk. Suppose he could be doing it with a flush draw with at least 1 overcard to your jack possibly two making it virtually a coin flip or if has two overs he'd be slight favourite. So again a fold. Edit: just checked and flush draw with 1 over would make you 60:40 favourite and two overcard with flush draw would be a virtual coin flip. Still don't think, given the game situation and your stack, that you need to be gambling with these type of odds yet
    Posted by jdsallstar
    he told me had a small pocket pair, i went through the thought process of him having 10x (pretty unlikely) or a smaller pp / flush draw didn't risk it folded instead

what about the 2nd one
  • edited March 2013
    in that second hand why are you even checking the turn ok they have hit their gutshot but so many other times they would have been calling with a flush draw or two over cards i would have did another bet around 600 the only hands i can see him holding that are ahead is 66 88 8h9h and thing else i would have expected a raise earlier unless he is another on them loose passive villians
  • edited March 2013
    in that second hand why are you even checking the turn ok they have hit their gutshot but so many other times they would have been calling with a flush draw or two over cards i would have did another bet around 600 the only hands i can see him holding that are ahead is 66 88 8h9h and thing else i would have expected a raise earlier unless he is another on them loose passive villians
    Posted by craigcu12
    he limped in and called a raise and this is a very dangerous board for my hand so i didnt want to inflate the pot
  • edited March 2013
    The first one i snap call as he will rarely turn up with 10x when shoving in that spot i think, unless you have played alot  and know that he will act very strong when he flops monsters, more likely a flush draw or small pair, second hand i check fold.
  • edited March 2013
    The first one i snap call as he will rarely turn up with 10x when shoving in that spot i think, unless you have played alot  and know that he will act very strong when he flops monsters, more likely a flush draw or small pair, second hand i check fold.
    Posted by benc
    it was tempting call for the first one but w/ so little in the middle and alot of chips at stake for alling i decided to fold it, second one i shoved ott based on how he played in hands previously and he had a3 suited for the lower straight end
  • edited March 2013
    first one, he never has a 10 in his hand here so i call, the second hand that flop/turn hits his limp calling range so hard u gotta lay it down!!!
  • edited March 2013
    first one, he never has a 10 in his hand here so i call, the second hand that flop/turn hits his limp calling range so hard u gotta lay it down!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yeah was thinking over the hand and the time nearly ran out i just shoved at the last minute and he had a3, should of layed it down
  • edited March 2013
    fold the KK go broke with the JJ
  • edited March 2013
    Yup as others, go broke with JJ. Fold KK
  • edited March 2013
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Oni1000 Small blind  50.00 50.00 1845.00
    Macacan Big blind  100.00 150.00 1450.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Darkforce Fold     
    IJDawson Call  100.00 250.00 1975.00
    jdsallstar Raise  300.00 550.00 2320.00
    Oni1000 Fold     
    Macacan Fold     
    IJDawson Call  200.00 750.00 1775.00
    Flop

• K

IJDawson Check     
    jdsallstar Bet  400.00 1150.00 1920.00
    IJDawson All-in  1775.00 2925.00 0.00
    jdsallstar Call  1375.00 4300.00 545.00
    IJDawson Show
    • Q

jdsallstar Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

IJDawson Win Three 9s 4300.00  4300.00
  • edited March 2013
    above post just in response to people saying that he never has a 10 from first question. I know there's a stack size difference here but still a check raise all in with trips is not uncommon for people playing the sets.

I called in my example becasue i felt he might do this with a king also.