You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl KK versus snug villain OOP

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is one of the better players at 50nl who i wispect, his approach is pretty abc face up and he plays a snug range which isn;t a bad thing imo and you'll see him at the tables most nights. he usually has it and doesnt spew or FPS. I think he can open up against some of the crappyier players but he does have rock like tendencies and his not crazy or anything like that

Whats his range for this line on flop? 

and can this ever be a spite raise from him? if so how often?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceAerionzSmall blind £0.25£0.25£60.16jacklBig blind £0.50£0.75£40.91 Your hole cardsKK   TPTP123Raise £1.50£2.25£59.84Fat_UncleFold    villCall £1.50£3.75£51.15AerionzCall £1.25£5.00£58.91jacklFold    Flop  QJ8   AerionzCheck    TPTP123Bet £3.00£8.00£56.84villRaise £14.00£22.00£37.15AerionzFold    TPTP123           

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Depends highly on your image ofc but thats a pretty big raise. With that sizing and your reads gotta imagine its weighted highly towards sets, made straights and combo draws. 

• edited March 2013

by the sound of it you are almost certainly beat by him here the worst possible hand could be AQ but i can't even see him raising that.
    if anything he is holding either QJ  JJ 88 or 109s

• edited March 2013
    I would fold imo, worst hand he could probably have is a flush draw and was semi-bluffing the flop.
  • edited March 2013
    based on reads its a clear fold, not even worth considering the level that this could be a spite raise as min hand they choose to do this would be a combo draw with half the equity..
  • edited March 2013
    i have played most nights for about 3 months here now, and have never seen your name up untill yesterday so cant see how you have come to the conclusion that you repect this guy and think that he is good etc??.....

his sizing is a bit big, the only time i would size my value hands this big here here if i was vs a donk or two, and wanting to get it in on the turn hence no bluffs....... vs clever regs you always want to have a bluff/value range to a raise and this does not looks like a bluff, looks like qj imo.....folding seems best, calling will leave a psb from the villain, and so you are likely to face another tough spot on the turn...

• edited March 2013
    haha... I've been playing 50nl since august'12... prolly before you moved up or moved rolls or wotever. I was the dude keeping 3-5 action tables going @50nl with god seats towards the end of last year... so err dont worry if you didn't notice i like staying under the radar!! and obv thats how i came to my conclusion. 

by me saying i respect someone just means that they telll a sensible credible line most of the time (for the purposes of thread) if you can read between the lines that is,.. i didn't post this to annoy anyone or create a list of the best players... i'm more then happy to just annoy regs at the tables instead. 
  • edited March 2013
    ugh. this is the kinda flop regs can fu ck with you on. he can be semi bluffing so often here, or turning like 2p into a bluff just cos it's so hard for us to continue. Idk how much villain is thinking, but I probably just get it in and hope to fade vs combo draw lol but it may be a fold, haven't done the calcs. Is close I think. Also sux that we don't have Ks
  • edited March 2013
    lol fade a combo draw? yo sure? optiomistic!!! obv we're behind all of the flush+draw combos out there part from 9s7s but you know that!! and obv the worst s.gapper i think he can call with is like Jx9x here imo unless tilted which wasn't the case at the time. Plus his more incline to 3bet this then flat it imo 

getting 2:1 which really sucks against a button pre calling range but i dunno im still stumnped at the moment. will prob sit down and the weekend and look at it properly. Obv only set out there is 88, JJ+ would've raised pre as villain is abc happy
  • edited March 2013
    "his approach is pretty abc face up"