You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Names

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Skydave, regarding your instructions to remove Team names from the location fields. Whilst i think a couple of your points may be valid, i think there are other forces at work here. WHY NOW all of a sudden ? With DTD numbers growng on a Momday night its important for the rail banter to know who we are playing against and supporting as this adds to the fun.  TIKAY is always saying POKER should be FUN !!!!.   DTD is a massive supporter of SKYPOKER and yet u are in my opinion singling us out. I think you should be spending more time watching out for outlandish Alias's  and filthy chat in the chat box.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Maybe just restrict the number of characters? THS TKP etc rarely gets in the way of stack info and leaves room for a location ref too.

PS - is location compulsory then as there are players who have this field completely blank or have decided to put some 'funny' abusive text in there!
  • edited March 2013
    I have to agree with u both team names should be allowed so we know who we are against and for rail.

but also some take it to the extreme lots of .......... or spread it over 2 lines so you cant see their stack 

as mike has said maybe just havin an abreviation or at least keeping it short and sweet so ppl can see other ppls stack size.

And as Red has said surly team names is a little problem compared to the filth on chat ive seen some real bad "chat" f'ing and blinding shouldnt be part of the game
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Team Names:
    Skydave, regarding your instructions to remove Team names from the location fields. Whilst i think a couple of your points may be valid, i think there are other forces at work here. WHY NOW all of a sudden ? With DTD numbers growng on a Momday night its important for the rail banter to know who we are playing against and supporting as this adds to the fun.  TIKAY is always saying POKER should be FUN !!!!.   DTD is a massive supporter of SKYPOKER and yet u are in my opinion singling us out. I think you should be spending more time watching out for outlandish Alias's  and filthy chat in the chat box.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Hi Red

There's genuinely nothing new or sinister happening here, we've always said this so it's more a reminder. As Dave (and others have said before) this is not just about team names, it goes for anything people choose to put in that is not there for what it is intended to be used for - to show location. If you don't want your location showing, then leave it blank.

We certainly are not anti teams, far from it. We wouldn't have done all the things we have done to support teams over the years if this was the case. We also agree that poker should be fun but will have to respectfully disagree that this is a necessary part of it.

You also mention about 'outlandish' aliases and chat abuse - our policy on this still stands too. If you spot anything that is offensive, please let us know and we will look into it.

Thanks
    Sky Poker