You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

At the risk of getting another thread closed.... Team Names

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
I completely understand all the points that Dave has made and agree with them all.

That said, one of the unique and great things about the community on Sky is the existence of teams and alot of us are rightly proud of our teams and want to shout about it.

Is there no way that a new field can be introduced for team members either via avatars or a small (3 letters would suffice as suggested in a previous thread) field in the players onsreen ID box?

PS. Dave, my team name is in my location, I won't be removing it so I guess you'll have to :(

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to At the risk of getting another thread closed.... Team Names:
    I completely understand all the points that Dave has made and agree with them all. That said, one of the unique and great things about the community on Sky is the existence of teams and alot of us are rightly proud of our teams and want to shout about it. Is there no way that a new field can be introduced for team members either via avatars or a small (3 letters would suffice as suggested in a previous thread) field in the players onsreen ID box? PS. Dave, my team name is in my location, I won't be removing it so I guess you'll have to :(
    Posted by Slykllist

Hi Simon,

The idea of being able to display a team name is something which might come about in the new table design we're working on at the moment. That's not my call to make, but I will make sure the folks making it know it's something the Community have sounded out.

It does still fall prey of some of the problems though, which is some users who aren't aware of the teams on Sky thinking they're playing against a group of players who could be colluding, etc. I know that is misguided, but it's a definite possibility that new players would think that, so it has to be taken into account.

Tricky balancing act, but all of that has been taken into account and will be in the future too.

Thanks,
    Dave

P.S Yes, thread closed - don't really need this one to rumble on :)