You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how good a player would these stat make me

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

not trying to be a show off or anything just checking-
as it's now two months since i changed my way of playing i took a look at how my stats are with cash games and ask for some thought on how well this is for someone who will be playing poker long term as a hobby and way to gain extra money.
my stats read
no. of games won 16%
showdowns won  55%

my actions
fold 44% check 27%  call 14%  bet 7%  raise 7%  re-raise 1%

flops seen 35%
win% of flops seen 32%

where i fold
preflop 65%
flop 7 %
turn 4%
river 3%
no fold 20%

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Tbh just looking at stats like that are nigh on meaningless, especially without even a sample size
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: how good a player would these stat make me:
    Tbh just looking at stats like that are nigh on meaningless, especially without even a sample size
    Posted by Lambert180
    are these stat best after about a year worth of play rather than just two months
  • edited March 2013
    The amount of hands played at the level gives a better indication rather than a time frame unless you are putting decent volume on a consistent basis week after week.

As for your stats, I would say at 4nl you should have a higher showdown win %, you should be seeing less flops and 3betting more if that re-raise stat is pre flop.

• edited March 2013

i would forget these stats m8 and just look at how much money you make or dont make to determine how good u are

• edited March 2013
    Lambert means that you haven't told us how many hands these stats are taken from. If they're based on 100 hands, they totally useless. If they're from 10,000 hands they might have some value.

I generally find that these stats are, as Lambert says, pretty meaningless. However one thing I can say is that your pre-flop 3-bet range is probably really narrow and predictable based on the re-raise figure of 1%. Also, your calling numbers shouldn't be so much higher than your bet/raise numbers (In my opinion).
  • edited March 2013
    if it relates to hands i probably have been dealt over 60,000 as each day i get about 2100 hands dealt
    half the time the reraises don't seem need as villians are always limping so i'm usually first to raise and they just call or shove.
    your probably right TBH about these stat being meaningless because now that i think about it the nl4 just don't play the same as the bigger tables betting is just stupid so i can do lots more calls post flop on with my pocket pairs incase i still hit a set.
    preflop i genrally start off with a 20p bet everywhere then changed to 12p bets on the button due to a larger range and now do 12p almost every time unless the table is packet with calling stations.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: how good a player would these stat make me:
    i would forget these stats m8 and just look at how much money you make or dont make to determine how good u are
    Posted by THEROCK573
    This!